Friday, May 19, 2017

Mystic Garden

I bought the Mystic Garden kit awhile back, it included the stamps, papers, butterfly stickers, step card bases and envelopes and some foiled diecuts that I didn't use on today's card. After stamping I fussy cut the butterfly on the left and around the bird cage so it would fit better on the card.  I decided to stamp the other directly onto the piece of paper, and add it to the middle step.


I didn't have the greatest lighting when taking these pictures and once again, put the card in the mail before seeing how the pictures turned out, it is amazing how they can look good in that little screen on the camera and then you download and oh wow they are bad.

Here is a close up of the stamps, I added a little clear glitter pen to the butterfly, I think that is what that comes out looking a bit shiny. The close up is a little more like the colors I remember it being, LOL!


Hot off the press -- Mystic Garden, Paper and stamps, butterfly dazzle, step card base
Recollections -- Lace
Wink of stella-- clear glitter pen on stamped butterfly

We had quite the storm that went through early this morning, high winds a bit of hail and heavy rain.  We seemed to make it through ok but there are reports of a lot of down limbs, 50,000 people are without power and a semi was toppled over because of the high winds and it closed down Interstate 70.  Hope all those in line of this storm make it through ok.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

Connie

14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

I like this fold and your pretty Kit details. How fun to create, everything right there! Glad the storm passed by you safely! I've been in my gardens for 3 hours, lots of weeds! Eek!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing!Have a lovely weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the detail in your card.
Glad the storm passed you by ok, we too have experienced quite a lot of rain recently...

Stay safe, and good wishes for the weekend

All the best Jan

Janice said...

A great kit to have, which has made a fabulous card!

Daniela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniela said...

I wrote my previos comment too in a hurry and I did too many mistakes, alas! I had to delete it, forgive me !

My Dearest,
you've truly outdone yourself with this card of yours, I have no words to express what I'm feeling while watching at this wonder, thank you !

Wishing you a most lovely Saturday and Sunday ahead,
I'm sending blessings across the many miles

XOXO Dany

Beth Norman said...

What a lovely card. The lighting looks good from my end.

Glad you kept safe during your windy weather. Sounds serious.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I am a sucker for anything "garden". Love what you did with everything. The glitter does add a nice touch to the butterflies. xo

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very pretty!! Thanks again for stopping by!!
HUgs,
Debbie

Leslie Miller said...

A whole kit, and you're so good about using it. Looks like some pretty stuff, and certainly a pretty card! I know what you mean about the pictures. No matter how good they look in that little camera display, I always have to do a lot of editing. Glad you didn't suffer too much from the storm. Some didn't fare so well and I hope your area recovers soon, or has already recovered.

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card design and color Connie. Hope your weather improves.

Hugs Diane

Sharon said...

So cute! These would make great envelopes and cards to send to penpals :)

Birgit said...

I love all the layers on your beautiful card. Love the vintage look too! So glad the storm has passed and you're safe.

Debbie said...

this card has such a beautiful, vintage feel with a great message!!!

sounds like a nasty storm, i'm glad things are o.k. there!!!