Monday, May 8, 2017

Sweet bird

I still have more of these chipboard shapes left and I started with that and this is the card it became. Sometimes I have something in mind and other times I just grab something and start with that and make the card from there and that is what happened with this card.

Now I can't exactly tell you how many coats of paint it took to cover this bird but I am thinking it was like 4 or more, and it has to dry between coats, so I tried not to do lay the paint on too thick.  After it was totally dried I rubbed on some gold metallic cream I have, They are from Craf-T, I googled them and found a video showing how they come HERE . I couldn't find them for so long and when I was going through my hubby's art supplies looking for something else,  I found them and took them back :)


The paper strips were in my scraps bin, I stamped the sentiment on one of the strips and felt it still needed something to give it more of a feminine feel to it so I added a punched scallop border and some sequins :)

Studio 18 -- Chipboard Shapes (bird) painted with Jenni Bowlin -- Lemon drops paint w/gold metallic cream from Craf-T over embossed area
Crate paper -- DIY shop paper
Gina Marie stamps -- Birthday words sentiment stamp set
Martha Stewart -- border punch
Sequins

Quick post, I have a very busy day ahead of me, hope your week is off to a great start!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for commenting, so neat to hear from you!!

Connie

16 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Well, regardless of how many coats of paint it took, Connie, the bird came out fantastic! I love this creation with the pretty beams in the background - it would be appropriate for so many different occasions - even Easter Morning! Beautiful! hugs, de

Birgit said...

What a sweet card! All your painting efforts paid off as the bird is gorgeous! I love the metallic accents you added to it. Just lovely! The scalloped strips really add an elegance to this already beautiful card!

Lowcarb team member said...

The bird has come out really well, I love the colour.
I agree with Donna (above) this card could be used for many occasions.

Well done.

Good wishes for the week ahead, I do hope the weather is kind to you.

All the best Jan

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, What a special card. Love the darling yellow bird and all the pretty details. The perfect birthday card and more!!
Have a great week. Blessings an joys sweet friend. xo

Ashley said...

the little bird is beautiful! i love this card...so creative!

blessings!

Anonymous said...

Connie, the bird is perfect as it is! I love all the rays on your card. Have a super week! xo

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That bird is so sweet and how great that you had the patience to paint it right! I love how he looks with that sunburst patterned paper and the delicate punched border. Great card!

Diane said...

Really lovely Connie the chipboard adds a nice dimension.

Hugs Diane

Kim said...

The bird is very sweet. Well worth all the coats of paint you had to apply. I love the effect of the rays, Connie. Another beautiful card.

Beth Norman said...

Lovely card. I like the yellow bird. The rays are really cool too.

Debbie said...

it's all in the details connie. it's amazing what you create and the amount of thought and work that goes into creating just one card. beautiful - it's all worth it!!!

Janice said...

All of your hard work with the painting really paid off, as your card is beautiful. A beautiful embossed background and I love the dainty border punch you have used.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie, I love the bird! The gold you rubbed on is the perfect finish, giving it an aged look. And with the sunburst paper -- WOW!

Unknown said...

Oh I think that chipboard bird is fantastic! The paint and the cream give it a nice antique look, it looks like a little tin bird--love it! Great card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Connie. Love that yellow bird as the focal point. The sun rays look wonderful... great way of using up scrap strips.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Love how often you find things totally not in a place you thought they were and exclamt here you are!!! Great card too, the yellow bird really sets it off.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}