Tuesday, July 18, 2017

All that glitters

Do you remember last month when I used a portion of a felt piece HERE... This is what I did with the left over piece.


I started off with a large piece of Scor pal tape that I added to a piece of cardstock,  I then added a piece of lace that my sister had given to me, so now I had holes that were all sticky, so I decided to add some glitter to the lace and rubbed it in really good. Next I added the felt to it, since it had it's own tape on it, I didn't need anymore adhesive, I just cut very close to the felt and that gave me the topper to my card.  I think this paper is pretty so I thought it didn't need to much busy stuff with it, just a simple card.

CraftSmith -- Chelsea Lane paper
Felt die cut left over
Lace w/ glitter added
Memory Box -- Happy Birthday Garland
Gem

Hope if you all are under a Heat advisory you are able to stay cool, we are going to be in the 100's again through Saturday.  I so feel for those that work outside in all of this, my hubby had to do that for many years working on the flight line in the Air Force, so glad now he works inside behind a desk :)

Thanks so very much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know,

Connie

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi, sweet friend! My, in the 100's?! I hope you stay cool! It has been very dry here in the mountains so we are hoping for some rain soon.

Your card is simply lovely and of course I would LOVE the bit of lace you added :)

It's so good to visit you, dear one. Love and hugs!

Linda Walker said...

Well you know how much I love lace so this card is definitely a winner!!! :)
Wow, kinda warm there....it's been a bit cool and rainy for us in NH and even called for winter pj's and socks at night. I am cold as soon as it goes below 70, lol! but I can't do 100 degrees either. Stay cool!
Linda

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I love how you've used the felt, and I too love lace. And I see some glitter inside it. Beautifully done with great DP and a lovely die! Wow, that's really hot! I can't imagine temps in the 100's. Stay cool and keep safe! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

What a perfect idea! Shouldn't all lace have glitter in the holes? So cute with the pink and glitter peeking out! I really love the paper, too. It reminds me of the flower on your previous card. With all the pretty, happy, and fun elements you combined here it makes a great birthday card!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and elegant.
Marilyn

Donna Ellis said...

I love your idea! I, also, enjoy using partial die cuts, but I have to say, Connie, that your creations are much prettier than the ones I've done! Thank you so much for the inspiration, and for the variety of textures and products you employ on your cards - they are always so interesting, and ALWAYS beautiful! hugs, de

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, what a gorgeous card. I love the detail with glitter for the lace. That was a great idea to add to the sticky areas. I love everything with lace!!
Hope you cool down. We are hitting near 100's all week here too and next week as well. The garden is beginning to really suffer. Well, it's July in Texas. Not much we can do about it. I too feel for those that work outside in all this heat.

Have a great week my friend. xoxo

Debbie said...

such a fun, colorful card!!! it's been so hot here, i am starting to melt!!!

Janice said...

Such a clever idea! Your card is really pretty and colourful :-)

Kim said...

Your card is so pretty and of course with the sweet touch of the lace....perfect! Wish oh wish it was hot here. =)

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi dear friend!Love your pretty and joyful card!Here is cold and grey,your card made me happy and "warm"!Have a lovely week!

handmade by amalia said...

This one is a little different, Connie, I like it very much, both the colors and the texture.
Amalia
xo

Monika.Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Connie. I love the background paper and the different texture... that lace is so pretty! It is hot over here too... I just want to hide out inside all day long... but the kids are going crazy.

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely way to use your leftovers!! Gorgeous background paper -- such a pretty card!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow ... in the 100's again! That is hot, hot, hot!

Your card looks a pretty design.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Your Designer Paper is super pretty! Great design and layout too! Such a HAPPY card!