Monday, July 31, 2017

Card and sunset

Hello, I am a little late in posting, this was a busy weekend.  We got our daughter and son in law all packed into their Uhaul and said goodbye to them on Saturday, they are heading to Connecticut, she will be attending Yale to get her Doctorate in Theology.  It was so hard to see her go knowing she will be so far away and we probably will only be seeing her once a year for a few years, but thankfully we can call and text at anytime and I am thankful for that.  She is pretty close they will be arriving today and hopefully can move straight into their apartment.

Just after we got back from our trip to Michigan is when my stamp group had our week of challenges and one of them was to make a card that reminds you of the park.... Well since I had just went to 3 different parks in Michigan it wasn't too hard to decide on what theme I was going with :)


I put a touch of clear glitter pen on the water and light in the lighthouse

Art Impressions-- Windows to the world M-3175 stamp colored w/pencils
Spellbinders -- Labels One die
Poppystamps -- Tailored stitches border die
BasicGrey -- Picadilly paper and scraps
Paper Studio -- enamel dots
Wink of Stella -- Clear glitter on the water and light

Because we spent so much time at the fort and eating lunch after before getting on the road we only managed to make it down to the bottom of Michigan to a beautiful town called Saugatuck.  It has a little harbor that we ate a dinner at and then headed over to Oval Beach which is on Lake Michigan.
They had stairs to get down to the beach, you park on a cliff and we stayed on the beach until the sun started setting and I needed to get back up to the car to get my camera and I started off by taking some shots of the flowers that were growing along the top.



Now to the sunset. I hope I didn't over due but it just amazes me how much the sky changes during a sunset and there was just enough clouds to make it really cool!


I love this one of my hubby with the glow of the sunset on him :)




The boat in the above picture was also in the harbor when we were eating, they came almost as far as we were and turned around and headed back.


My hubby said we could head back to the hotel and I told him we could stay a little while longer and we were glad we did cause all of a sudden all kinds of reds started popping up in the sky.


The top one I zoomed in on it and this bottom one is zoomed back out.


As I am writing this my daughter has texted to let me know that they are in their apartment now and the movers they hired actually came on time and have it all done for them, they rented this house without even looking at it just what they could see on line and she is happy to report that it is just what they wanted :)

Hope your week is off to a good start too!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, I know how busy the summer time can be.
I am still playing catch up on visiting blogs :)

Connie

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What good news of your daughter's move going so well! Your sunset is incredible, and I do love that pretty and dainty card!

Esther Asbury said...

I'm sure it will be tough to have your daughter so far away, but glad for modern technology that lets us text and call! Love your beautiful sunset pictures and that awesome lighthouse image on your card!

Donna Ellis said...

Delightful card, and beautiful skies! I so admire how you know which settings to use on your camera - it's an art, and you are definitely skilled! Wonderful shares today! hugs, de

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Connie!Great photos and pretty card!Best wishes for your daughter!Have a lovely week.Hugs,Maristella.

Anonymous said...

I love the seaside, Connie. What a gorgeous sunset! Love your card. I'm very fond of lighthouses. I'm glad your daughter is getting all settled. You can always FaceTime with her.

Linda Walker said...

You can never over do photos of a sunset. I did the same thing on my latest post! LOL! Beautiful! I really enjoy every one I see and I photograph it until it is over! It's amazing how the colors change! Love the lighthouse card! the glitter is a nice touch! Yes, it's hard when kids are far away. Mine are all about 3 to 4 hrs away and all coastal but it's just long enough that day tripping is pretty exhausting. It is so easy these days to stay in touch though....thankfully! hugs
Linda

Beth Norman said...

How cool for you to pick out this delightful stamp from memories of your trip. It is done up so nice.

A great group of cards. The sunset is so pretty.

I would imagine you will really miss your daughter. Good luck to her at school.

I didn't get a chance to go tubing down the river as the water was too high and too fast. Couldn't get into the quarry as it had it 1500 people quota. That's what I get for shopping first. But, on the plus side, I got some Christmas shopping done.

Have a good week.

Diane said...

What a lovely card design Connie. Wow your pictures are sure wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful card made from beautiful memories! After seeing your previous posts I can totally understand your inspiration. Your photos are amazing! The shot of your hubby with the sun on him looks very professional, and the sunset! You can never have just one. Look how it changed from glowing warm colors to cool jewel tones. Fantastic! I know you'll miss your daughter. It's hard to say goodbye, but just think of the wonderful adventure beginning for her.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful pictures from your trip... the sunset is lovely... I also enjoyed the photos from Mackinaw city. :) Got to love technology that allows you to stay in touch with people! I missed that in Hungary as we weren't able to use our phones without wifi. That image is so pretty on your card... great coloring... the red house looks perfect! Such pretty papers... especially the flowery one. :)

Debbie said...

this card creation is so beautiful, i have a real soft spot for lighthouses!!

the images from your trip are super special, i really like the one of your husband. i find there are always 2 sunsets, the sunset and the after sunset, both are beautiful!!

So Sunny Day said...

Just found your blog. I'm following!

I love paper crafts (mostly scrapbooking) and this lighthouse scene is so pretty! I am just getting into stamps the last 7-8 months. So much sun stuff!

~ Emily from So Sunny Day

Lowcarb team member said...

It's never easy when our children move further away, but modern technology does make it easier to keep in touch.

It was just so nice to see your photographs here, what a great selection.
I also love the card!

All the best Jan

Janice said...

A beautifully coloured card, and glorious photos. Stunning sky colours.

Donna Phelan said...

Love that beautiful and serene image, makes for a wonderful setting. Great layers and Designer Papers! Oh your daughter is closer to me, I hope the time flies for you both! Such beautiful photos, Connie!