Saturday, July 22, 2017

Christmas in July

YAH!!! I have two cards ready for Christmas, that is pretty good for me, I am usually coming up to the end of November thinking I really need to start my Christmas cards.

One of the ladies in my stamping group had the challenge to make snow on your kraft base using splatters of either ink of paint.  I went with using paint and a toothbrush because my stamping was all done with my white ink and I had to stamp mulitple times just to get this amount of stamping to show up.

Now I will have to say that it would be smart to wear old clothes and maybe use a box or something to put it into because you should have seen my clothes and my desk when I was done, everything was covered with a fine mist of white paint...uggghh.  These are perfect for mailing, one layer cards.


The stamps on the 4 corners was from one of the ladies in my group as well as the background stamp in the next card, she was moving and getting rid of some of her stamps. I do think those stamps may be studio G stamps.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado, Silhouettes stamp set and stamped with Memento Luxe Wedding dress ink


The stamps on this one are from Inkadinkado -- Seasons Greetings stamp set, I perched the bird on the sentiment since he was a little too big for the tree :)

I do love the look of white on kraft, I think next time I might try to emboss everything with white embossing poweder so that the stamping shows up a bit more.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in today and I hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!!

Connie

11 comments:

Beth Norman said...

The white splattering is such a nice effect. Your cards are wonderful. I'm like you. Last year I made my cards the last week of Nov. Not this year, that's for sure. Have a nice weekend.

Debbie said...

beautiful!! do you feel the chill from the snow while you are working on these??!! hehehehe

i have been working on my christmas gifts since january - but you already know that!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Connie! You are smart to start your Christmas cards early. I should start mine too but I'll wait until next month I think. xo

Stephanie said...

I couldn't help but giggle at Debbie's comment. You were probably wishing for the chill of winter {{smiles}}

Your cards are beautiful, my friend, and very unique. Way to go on getting started on Christmas cards....the season will be here before you know it.

Hugs!

Janice said...

Fabulous Christmas cards, what a lovely effect you have created with the snow on Kraft card, so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous one layer snowy cards! Perfect for Christmas mailing and you'll be so happy to have started them. Now if you can make a few more... I, too, love white on kraft. Also love the way you perched the bird on the sentiment. Another one of your great ideas for me to file away. Thanks for the inspiration!

krishna said...

Beautiful greetings cards..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Your white splattering is just perfect on your adorable holiday design Connie. I agree with you on the splattering technique I had it on my clothes and hair
Ha ha.


Hugs Diane

Louca por porcelana said...

Love the snow in your beautiful cards!Hugs, my friend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, you are getting organised.
They look good.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Love your snowy splatters! I love this technique!