Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Flower Challenge

First of all I have good news my sister did receive her card today, it took two weeks to go from Illinois to Michigan but it got there and she said it was in good shape!!

The Flower Challenge blog had an embossing challenge, you can read about it HERE.  





I decided to do heat embossing, stamped the flower stems and leaves with white embossing powder, then I took my inks and sponged them over the embossing.


There are some really good encourageing sentiments in this group of word bands.

Heidi Grace Designs -- Winnefred St. Stamp set, white embossing with ink sponging over it
Distress Inks -- Broken China and Peeled Paint
Lawn Fawn -- Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Stackables die
Tim Holtz -- Idea-ology Word Bands
Ric Rac
Dew Drops

It has hit the 100's two days in a row and they are saying again tomorrow.  Getting some things done inside that I haven't had a chance to do since I have been so busy outside.

Hope you all are keeping cool and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Hussena said...

So good to hear that your sister recieved the card. Your card looks really beautiful,I love the pastel colours. ❤

Daniela said...

Thank you for sharing another masterpiece of yours, darling Connie !!!

Wishing you a most wonderful remainder of your week,
I'm sending all my love to you

XOXO Dany

Kim said...

Oh, what an amazing card. Love the pretty blue flower and the delicate border is so delicate. I am keeping very cool down here at the bottom of the world, Connie. =)

Esther Asbury said...

Yeah, glad your sister finally got her card!!! Love your pretty blue flower card....fun technique!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is super pretty. I love the sweet scalloped border.

Debbie said...

So happy to hear that your card found its way home!! This one is so pretty, I have never tried the method of embossing, a lot of people use it for scrap booking as well as cards!!

Darlene said...

WOW! You could have driven the card there yourself faster! LOL Glad it arrived in tact! Today's card is such a fun creation! Great job!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wow, Connie, that is the true definition of 'snail mail'! Glad your sister's card arrived safely. I love your flower card - the lacy edge is very sweet and the saying is wonderful. Oh, 100 degrees is truly awful - I hope you get a break from the heat soon. Hugs xo Karen

Janice said...

A really pretty and softly coloured card, I love the flower and the fancy scalloped rectangle die.

Leslie Miller said...

Great news that the card arrived safely! I wonder what in the world made it take so long? Your card today made me say "wow"! So pretty with all the white and that beautiful blue. I always love flower cards with white embossing. The rhinestones are a lovely touch, and all framed up with that cute eyelet edge.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card, Connie !Loved the colours!Best wishes,dear friend!

Connie said...

Connie your cards are little treasures.

Linda Walker said...

Connie,
So so glad your sister finally received her card. I had a feeling she would....loving this new card!!! The blue is an especially lovely shade and the dew drops just complete it!!! So sweet! :)

Beth Norman said...

My goodness what a darling card. Your blue really pops nicely. I'm so glad your sister finally received her card.

Jerri Jimenez said...

I love the soft summery colors, a very nice design Connie.

Donna Phelan said...

Emboss Resist is such a pretty technique! You chose the perfect color for your fabulous flower! Loving that die cut panel too! PRETTY!

Ruth said...

Love the sort of halo effect you get when emboss resisting over the flower and leaves. Such pretty colours too. It sounds very hot where you are, and I'm sure we could borrow a few of those degrees over in the UK where it's been raining...... Thank you so much for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge. Ruth DT xxx