Saturday, September 9, 2017

Another year older

I have talked about this lady before on my blog, she is in her 80's and she and her husband have had many health problems and they had to move about an hour away to an Assisted Home, so we don't get the opportunity to see them much anymore but a couple weeks ago their daughter brought them to church and you could just tell how happy everyone was to see them again.

While talking to her, I mentioned how good she looked and she said she doesn't feel it, she says she just feels old, so when I saw this sentiment in my stamps I thought that will be perfect for her and hope it brings a smile to her day.  I embossed it with gold embossing powder to match the gold piece.


Most of this card came from my collection of unused products from other cards.

Pink patterned piece is a cut from Cricut machine
Sentiment tag from Making memories packaging
Spellbinders -- Long classic rectangle small die (gold)
Paper Smooches -- Happy Birthday sentiment (embossed w/gold embossing powder)
Paper flowers
Gold Brads
Embossing folder


Thanks so much for stopping by today,
Have a great weekend,

Connie

14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That was so thoughtful of you, and a good sentiment in general! Lovely card, tfs.

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely card, Connie! I love the clean and simple lines of your design, and what a great sentiment! I'm sure your elderly friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Darlene said...

I have no doubt she is going to LOVE this card and LOVE you for making it specifically for her! Bless you!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an appropriate stamp. How kind of you to make her this card. It's so pretty!

Janice said...

So thoughtful of you to make this beautiful card, such pretty colours.

Louca por porcelana said...

So sweet and lovely card.I am sure she will love it!

Anonymous said...

What a nice and generous thing to do. You are a special person. God Bless.
Marilyn

Kim said...

I love this sentiment, Connie. Your pretty card will most certainly put a smile on the sweet lady's face and lift her spirits. How sweet of you to make a card especially for her; you are a treasure!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the sentiment! Beautiful card with the crisp white embossed background. Most of all, Connie, I love that you've thought to make a card and send it just to give her a little love. That's a sweet and thoughtful gesture.

Anonymous said...

Connie, this card will surely put a smile on her face! Very sweet!

Debbie said...

this is a great message for a birthday card, connie. i'm sure she is going to love it!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful layers, I love that sentiment. I am sure she will adore this fabulous card and your thoughtfulness!

Linda Walker said...

How kind and thoughtful of you Connie! I am sure she will pleased that you went to all that trouble just for her. Lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Very thoughtful and kind.
I thought your choice of words and design were just perfect.

All the best Jan