Thursday, September 7, 2017

Colorista cards

Have you heard of the Colorista line that Spectrum Noir came out with.  The only thing I watch HSN for is their crafting days and this past one in August they had a new line of watercolor papers, cards, card fronts, tags, Aqua markers and watercolor pencils and watching Sara play with them just got me more excited and so I fell for it and bought the whole set. It came with a video that I haven't had time to sit down and watch yet so I started with something very simple to start off with.


This card front came with the text background, that you can't see well until you add your watercolor and the Gold sentiment, as well as the deer in gold on the tag.  You just add your watercolor to it and it all appears.  I was going for a gradient look but didn't blend the purple into the blue very well, I started with the purple then went onto a lighter blue and then a darker blue for the top.  There are two of every tag thank goodness cause I ruined the first one with too much water, the tags are a thinner paper than the card fronts, so instead of using the Aqua markers like I did on the card front for the second tag I used watercolor pencil and that worked nicely. I just put the jute through my gold button and added it to the tag.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!Love that card!Have a nice day,dear friend.

Beth Norman said...

No, I've never heard of the Colorista line. It sounds enticing. Your card is lovely with the deer and the button. Job well done.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love the deer and the background. Very pretty. I posted a card creation today too. I love sunflowers!

Donna Phelan said...

I don't know this product line either. Fabulous background, love it! Great masculine birthday card!

April said...

Very lovely card! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

I've not heard of the Colorista line, and sometimes it's better if I just don't look because then I end up with too much stuff. I can see how it would be easy to buy the whole line. The script background is beautiful and very interesting how it doesn't show up until you color. Like invisible ink almost. Love the gold, especially that beautiful deer on the tag. Enjoy, Connie!

Connie said...

Oh, if you lived closer to me, I would invest in some new ink pads and invite you over to play with my rubber stamps . . . I haven't used them in so long . . . I just need a friend to play with :)
You could teach me a lot, girlfriend.
Happy paper crafting!
Connie :)

Debbie said...

i use to love craft and scrapbooking days on HSN. this card is gorgeous, i especially like the paper and the happy birthday font!!!

Janice said...

A great masculine card, such a beautiful tag.

Linda Walker said...

I love the deer! The jute is a nice embellishment. Love the backgrounds too and the gold sentiment!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a great masculine card ...

All the best Jan