Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Flowers

Using another image from my coloring daily calendar. I went with the pencils this time instead of the markers. The background was made from the scraps of this paper pad, I made two backgrounds and that is all that is left to the paper pack, feels so good to use up every bit of a pad of paper.


Once again after coloring the image I applied it too cardstock to make it a little stiffer and then cut out the image, and applied it to the die cut base with foam tape, I did color the shadow to the container in a gray marker but the rest of the shadow is from it being lifted off the cardstock. Stamped the tag and added it under the bow with a brad.

Basic Grey -- Lilykate paper
Image- Color for calm daily calendar (colored w/pencils) hand cut
Spellbinders - Majestic labels 25 and back to basics tag
Our Daily bread designs - Mini tag sentiments
JoAnn - ribbon
Brad

 To all of you that take the time out of your busy day to stop by and leave a comment letting me know you have, I thank you so much, so fun to hear from you!!

Connie

15 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Connie!Love that card,so sweet and dainty.Hugs,dear friend.Have a lovely day!

Birgit said...

What a sweet card, Connie! Great coloring and depth. And you used up an entire paper pack, scraps and all! I don't think I've ever done that.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful, soft colors, what a fabulous image! I also love your pretty, pretty background. Beautifully crafted!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

This is so sweet and soft looking with your light colors. What a great job with the shading on the can.

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation Connie and love your soft pencil coloring! The shadowing looks awesome!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a real beauty, Connie! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Your pencil coloring is beautiful, Connie! Mayhaps that is your special medium because you sure do a nice job with them. That's the prettiest image, too. I've never come across a coloring book that I just have to have, but this calendar looks like it has some beautiful images in it, and not too big for cards. I like your idea of backing it for stability. And you turned it into a pretty card with the Lily Kate papers. I still have a few pieces of that 6x6 collection. It's a favorite!

CherylQuilts said...

Connie, what a beautiful card...it's so soft and feminine! I agree with Leslie that pencils may be your special medium...beautifully colored! And I really love the DP you've used with the fussy cutting and gorgeous layout! Well, we are doing fairly well after Irma, but it will be a long time before Florida recovers from Irma. So much suffering here, in the Caribbean, and in TX from Harvey. Hugs, sweet friend!

Beth Norman said...

Such a pretty card. Those soft colours are so pleasant to look at and makes your card so elegant.

Janice said...

This is such a pretty card, I love the soft colours you have used. I really should try colouring with pencils more often, I usually go straight to my Promarkers!
How satisfying to have used up your pad of papers, I don't think I have every done that!

Linda Walker said...

I love the colors you used in this card. Very soft, sweet....Pretty, as usual!
;)
Linda

Debbie said...

beautiful - the pencils give a nice, soft look!!!

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love the subtle tones of this card. LOVE the shadow you added. Very pretty!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Gorgeous coloring and a very beautiful card!!

Lowcarb team member said...

'Be Happy' I like that ...
I also love the colours you've used here, they go perfectly.
Great card.

All the best Jan