Friday, September 15, 2017

Gift Bags

I am a guest designer today over on The Crop stop blog today, with some cute gift bags!  Be sure to drop by and see all the past wonderful projects from the blog too, great inspiration over there!

I am showing it in two different sizes to give you an idea of the different sizes you can achieve with this but there are many different sizes you can make depending on the size you cut your paper.
I wanted to show you that they have great picture instructions as long as a description on how to score and punch your paper to make these bags, and they even come with their own score tool that stores right in the base so you won't lose it.  




The tall bag started as a 12x12 inch piece of paper and the smaller one started as a 11x6  inch piece of paper.  I am showing in this picture the different ways you can add holes to the bags. The tall bag I used the punch board that has a whole punch on it and created hole punches all around, that way I can add my ribbon all the way through to keep the bag tied shut tight.  The little bag I used my Crop a dile to add my own holes to add the ribbon.




Here they are both finished with their tags, I love the different sizes you can make depending on the size gift.  I used more heavy duty paper for the taller bag and a thinner paper on the smaller bag.



Here is a close up of the tag on the taller bag.  I cut the sentiment die twice, using my cuttlebug and plates,  glued them together for more bulk and added glossy accents to make it stand out a bit and used Dusty concord Stickles to dot the i.  I love my craft mat for blending inks as I did on the tags also, while my paper is still inside the die.


Here is a close up of the small bag, I just added the tag directly to the bag on this bag, but you could add it to the ribbon before adding to bag.


Here I wanted to show that I made the holes too big for the size ribbon I used so I applied the ribbon to the inside of the bag with my scor tape and then with scor tape again I added strips of paper to the inside to cover my ribbon ends, but if you do the holes smaller you can just tie the ribbon ends on the inside of the bag.


I hope you have fun making up your own bags and you can even match your cards with your bags for a nice set to give to someone.


Here are all the links to the products I used from Cropstop


Thanks so much taking the time to stop by today, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Connie

16 comments:

Sandra said...

How neat. Beautiful gift bags.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Those bags are gorgeous! They would cost a fortune if you bought them. Great job!

Esther Asbury said...

So happy you could guest design for us today! Thanks for sharing your lovely gift bags and a great tutorial with us today!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Congratulations on being guest designer. Your bags are lovely. Nice work on the tutorial Connie

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful and elegant!Hugs,dear friend!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are fabulous! Congrats on your guest designer spot! (I'll be guest designing for them in October! LOL) I have all these boards and never think to use them! Thanks for awesome inspiration ... might even be a good idea for my November show! Thanks again!

Leslie Miller said...

Those bags look absolutely professional! Beautiful job on these, Connie, and congrats on your guest spot. You were a good choice for them!

Debbie said...

what a great job you did connie. i always say i am going to do this and then i don't. i'm going to bookmark this!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh so FUN! They look so easy to make AND how pretty! I am running through all of my DP in my head now lol

April said...

Love these. They are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I'm late in commenting... Love the bags, Connie! What a wonderful idea for every occasion. I have so much designer craft paper that I need to do this. It is simply scandalous what gift stores charge for bags like these. Making your own is not only more economical but more beautiful as well! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Katie Sims said...

These are darling, Connie! I love the addition of the ribbon....what a sweet detail. I definitely want to make some of my own this holiday....thank you so much for your inspiration! :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

These are fantastic gift bags!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Oliva Ohlson said...

WOW...I love them! I have tons of scrapbook paper I can use and try making these pretty bags!

Janice said...

Congratulations to you on your GD spot! Your bags are so pretty and beautifully decorated.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely gift bags ...

All the best Jan