Sunday, September 24, 2017

Masculine

My hubby had a card with all the years calendars on them from a magazine subscription he has and he was going to put it in the recycle bin and I told him wait a minute I may use them on a card, now that is probably said more times and I never use the item but this one I put into use for my Nephews card :)


I took some corrugated packaging and tore the edges,   added a bit of green paint to it, laid that on top of some Fall paper, the leaf and the corner leaves are stickers and the sentiment die came with my order from My favorite things, cut out the calendar sponged on the ink, highlighted his birthday and tied it all up with twine.

DCWV - Rustic Paper
Corugated cardboard
Adirondack -- Lettuce paint
Calendar from Magazine
Miss Elizabeth - Stickers (leaves)
My Favorite things - just for you die
Twine

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and taking the time to let me know you did :)

Connie

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Good save, Connie! I think you could do a similar card for each month! I like the corrugated paper and the accent leaves too. Great job!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, how thrifty and such a wonderful card for your nephew. I love the calendar and lovely corrugated paper! Wonderfully done, sweet friend! Yes, definitely a good save! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this idea! When you have so many nephews to make cards for you have to grab anything you can. This is great, Connie!

Beth Norman said...

What a nice masculine card. I love that you saved the calendar. It looks terrific and is such a unique idea. The corregated cardboard adds to the masculinity.

Esther Asbury said...

Always fun to recycle things on cards -- love the corrugated cardboard you included on this lovely fall scene.

Anonymous said...

Connie, that Is so smart of you! Love the torn corrugated edges and the leaf & calendar. Very nice!

Debbie said...

i have a box connie, filled with small calendars they give away at the drug store - i save them for scrapbooking and card making. i have far too many that i haven't used and this is such a great idea, you have inspired me!!

Christine said...

Hi Connie!
This was a perfect use for the calendar & everything comes together so well!

Have a happy week!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh what a cool and unique idea. I love how it personalizes the birthday, so clever! This is a pretty card, love the colors!

AppleApricot Wen said...

You're so good on making male cards, I find those to be so hard to make, well done you! xx

Janice said...

A fabulous male card, I love all the different textures you have used. A clever bit of re-cycling too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great masculine card Connie. Love the earth tones, the corrugated piece... the postage stamp looks fantastic!

Lowcarb team member said...

Doesn't this look good ...

All the best Jan