Friday, September 22, 2017

New Technique and Grand Mesa

Happy First Day of Autumn, I decided today would be the perfect day to post an Autumn card.  My stamping group challenge for the month of September was to use Pearl Ex, luckily my hubby had bought these quite awhile ago for his art but I just never gave them a try.  They are like a soft colored powder that you can apply to your projects using glues or in my examples using Versamark ink which is an embossing ink.

I started off stamping the background with the versamark ink, I just love the way these look against black card stock. Then I applied sunset gold with a paint brush to the stamped leaves, you don't need much of the powder.

I have a tip for you, I have seen in video's to use a fluffy paintbrush to remove the access powder but after not getting the clean results I wanted from that I got out a swiffer sheet and it removed it nice and clean.

Next I stamped the smaller leaves onto cream cardstock and used Brilliant gold, supper Russet and Super Copper on these.  I wanted more color so I tried spraying some Olive Vine glimmer mist on them and liked the results, although I don't feel you can see it well in the photographs.


I used my vine die for a base to put the leaves onto, and added some berries with liquid pearls in chestnut. Topped off with the banner.

Papertrey ink -- Meadow greens stamp set -- Background w/ Pearl Ex sunset gold and versmark ink
Stampin up 1997 Leaves on wreath stamped w/versamark and used Pearl Ex, Brilliant gold, super russet and super copper, sprayed with Glimmer mist and fussy cut
Memory Box - Grapevine wreath die, cut twice and layered
Spellbinders - Ribbon dies
Gina Marie -- Birthday words sentiment stamp set
Liquid Pearls -- Chestnut

Here is a closeup of the wreath



Now I would like to share some pics from our day at Grand Mesa Scenic Byway in Colorado.


The best picture to see some of the changing leaves of the Aspen up there had my hubby in the shot too :)




We had a picnic up at the top with this as our view, love the view of the water below, couldn't have been better :)


On our whole trip we saw more cow on the road signs than anything else and around one bend in the road this was what was right along the road, so we had to stop and get some pictures :)



Don't know if you can see it or not, by the time we got out of the car, grabbed our camera's the rainbow was almost gone but you can see a bit of it left.


I loved the way they used trees for the post of this fence, no matter how crocked they were, and loved the different colors in the grasses and trees.


These guys were eating when we drove up and when hubby stopped the car, the deer popped up his head and just starred at us so I grabbed my camera and took a picture from the car window, they were a far out in the field but I just loved how he was posing for the picture, as soon as I took it, he went back to eating :)


A dramatic sunset to end the day!


I still have about 400 pictures to look through, I took about 840 pictures, so I may have more to share.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Connie

18 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

How elegant your card is!Love the beautiful landscapes!!!Wow!Have a lovely weekend!

Donna Phelan said...

More beautiful photos! Our country is so lovely! Gorgeous card, fun technique with amazing results! Love the gold and Fall like colors, that wreath is fabulous!

Donna Ellis said...

It appears your card is a success, even if you don't think it is completely - I love that you accomplished beautiful textures and Autumn's softness in your creation, Connie. Gorgeous photos! It must be so hard going thru your stash and figuring out which photos to share - keep on sharing please? I love seeing Nature through your eyes. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de

Beth Norman said...

More great photos. The rainbow is a nice scene with it being so pale in colour.

Your card is awesome. I love my powders but rarely use them. Maybe now I'll take them out. The layering above the background is a great idea.

Janice said...

Fantastic card, what a lovely medium to use. I love your leaf wreath.
Another set of wonderful photos...thank you!

Christine said...

I adore those cutouts and the wreath so much, Connie!
Thanks for sharing those wonderful views from your trip and what a way to end with such a beautiful sunset!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Day of Autumn, Connie! Great minds think alike! I posted an autumn card today too. I love your wreath vines & berries. Everything is simply gorgeous!

Ashley said...

beautiful, beautiful card! so lovely for this fall time..<3
be blessed!

Luci said...

Welcome Autumn and all it's colorful beauty! You certainly captured that in your wreath - how pretty! I bet the shimmer from the liquid pearls is even more stunning in person! Great dimension on your beautiful wreath.

Birgit said...

Your card is stunning! I've never tried that technique but would love to give it a try. Your photo's are amazing as well. What a gorgeous countryside!!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Connie, a fabulous technique - such an elegant card.
Super photographs, wonderful scenery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cheryl said...

A fabulous card as always... I just joined a card making group! I did! This will surely get me making cards now! I have to make a total of 8 for next months meeting.... eek!

Your cards are going to be a great help to me in getting mine to look good :-)

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I haven't used Pearl Ex in ages, but what beautiful results! Perfect for your lovely fall card. I cannot get enough of these beautiful vacation photos. They leave me in awe. Magnificent country!

Esther Asbury said...

How fun that you used that Stampin Up set to create a wreath! I might need to file this great idea away for future use!
Love the photos you included - so many beautiful views!! Wow - 840 pictures - you should make a little nature scrapbook of your photos!

Debbie said...

you have caught the photography bug and your pictures are wonderful!!

i am wondering how you keep up, make all these beautiful cards and remember everyone's birthday. you are a creative rock star!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such beautiful and stunning scenery Connie, thank you for taking us along with you on this wonderful trip! Gorgeous card too! xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Connie. Love the fall leaves on the wreath. The gold leaves in the background looks wonderful. Pretty pictures! Especially love the sky!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your card.
Your pictures are great, I loved seeing them.
Thank you so much for sharing them here.

All the best Jan