Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pinterest inspired

My cardmaking group had a challenge to make a card from something you saw on Pinterest, well I have seen these folded cards on a few blogs but This card , is the one that I went with.  I was doing the challenge before leaving for vacation and I didn't have a lot of time to color, so I reached for my stickers so it made getting this card out  in the mail on time just perfect!

I first added the sticker to card stock so that it would be a bit firmer so I could pop it up with some foam tape.



I colored the gems with a yellow marker so that they would match more to the flower.

K&co. -- classic K paper
Hampton Art - sentiment stamp
Miss Elizabeth's- Sun flower sticker
Gems - colored w/markers

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by, Have a blessed Sunday!

Connie

15 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Very beautiful,Connie!I love sunflowers!Have a lovely Sunday too!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love this style of card! Yours is beautiful, especially with that gorgeous sunflower, perfect for this time of year! Yesterday I actually made a sunflower card myself--so happy! :)

Beth Norman said...

Awesome work. I love this fold. The sunflower is a perfect addition to your card.

Esther Asbury said...

Oooh - love your beautiful fall card with the fun fold! Great idea to use a sticker when you're short on time! So pretty!

cotnob said...

A super card Connie, a beautiful sunflower and fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kim said...

How very cool, Connie. I love the turning back of the card; simple but oh so clever. Love the bright and happy sunflower sticker.

Diane said...

Really gorgeous Fall colors and design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Birgit said...

So pretty and what a great way to use up stickers! My stash of stickers has been sadly neglected for a long time. Your card inspires me to pull them out and use them up!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Very pretty! The colors are perfect & go perfectly well with the sunflower!

Ashley said...

so beautiful!
as always!
haven't visited your blog in a while and forgot what a joy it is to see your creative designs!

be blessed :)

Anonymous said...

Connie, I've not seen a card like this before. VERY nice! I will definitely look up the directions! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Janice said...

I love this style of card and the sunflower is just gorgeous!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sunflowers always look good, and so does your card.

All the best Jan

Hussena said...

Such a beautiful card! That sunflower sticker looks really pretty and I love the background paper. The entire card has come together so well :)

Leslie Miller said...

A fabulous fold! What a great design. The paper and sunflower are so pretty together. Love fall colors.