Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Preteen and Vacation part 2

My great nephew has turned 12, it is so hard to figure out what to do for preteen boys, so I went with this cute dog, you will be seeing more from this set soon :)

I stamped the dog and bone directly onto the card base and then stamped the hat separately and cut it out to put on the dogs head, scored a line to separate the stamped paw border.


Newton's Nook design-- Fetching friendship, colored w/markers
memory box -- stitched rectangle layers die
Tim Holtz -- vintage shabby papers

The following pictures are from the same day as my post yesterday, just taken in the evening at Colorado National Monument.

I love the way the tree is growing here and you can see the roots



These  below were called Coke Ovens because how they are shaped




My husband started teasing me about how I could spot these little guys wherever we went, so I had to get a picture, when I first spotted him he was on a plant but you couldn't see him very well so I got another picture when he ran off.



My hubby likes to take pictures early morning and in the evening because of the lighting and it does make such a pretty glow on everything :)



We stayed at this point all evening, my hubby took some great pictures of the town below with all the lights, but I just sat back and enjoyed the cool evening after such a HOT day.

Next time I will share the Grand Mesa, we actually saw some trees turning high up there :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!!

Connie

12 comments:

Kim said...

The perfect card for a pre-teen boy, Connie. Such a cute quote! Isn't it funny how trees grow in all manner of directions. I agree with your husband. I think the best photos always seem to be those captured in the morning and in the evening.

Donna Phelan said...

More beautiful photos! Oh I just adore this puppy card, he's soooooooo CUTE! Woof! (in a good way!) ;)

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable little puppy on your sweet card! Love the vacation photos too - the last one is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Connie, what odd caves. I'm a little afraid of caves....

LOVE the puppy card. I look forward to seeing more from this set!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute card!Beautiful pics.Hugs!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That is a hard age to make a card for! I love how it turned out, and adding the scored border really a great effect too. Love the pictures you got of the canyons and rock formations. Just lovely! Glad you and your husband had such a great time!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Awww such a cute doggie!! Beautiful card Connie. And my goodness, Colorado National Park is such a stunning place, so beautiful and rough at the same time. xx

Janice said...

A fabulous card for that age, I love the dog!
Just loving your photos :-)

Christine said...

That's a fun doggy card - my daughter would love it too!
What amazing scenery and the evening shots are beautiful!
Best wishes!

cotnob said...

A super card, such a cute image and great sentiment.
More fabulous photographs - the scenery as absolutely stunning.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Beth Norman said...

I agree that it is difficult to come up with ideas for preteens, and teens in general. The dog is the perfect stamp to use. I'm sure it was well received.

Your photos are gorgeous. What an unbelievable place to visit. I would love to visit there some day. TFS.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! Cute card! Love the puppy and sentiment. Glad I don't have all those boys to make cards for 'cause I'd never come up with enough variety. More totally fabulous pictures! The western US has been our stomping ground because it's easy enough to manage the drive during the allotted time. Where you're situated you can go either way and that's wonderful. This is amazing country!