Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sketch challenge

With this challenge we were to use (4) 1 inch strips and (4) 1 inch circles from the same papers to make this card.  And we were to use our scraps.  Well since I make mostly A2 cards 41/4 x 5 1/2, I had many strips from the same paper pack that I used on these two cards.  You over lap the circles over the strips and to hide that you place a one inch strip across the bottom, well I thought that looked a little plain so I got out my ribbon dies set and cut some borders with the left overs I had from cutting the 1 inch strips.


BasicGrey-- Picadilly papers
Hero Arts -- Zinnia flower stamp, colored w/markers
Spellbinders - Leaf die
Cheery Lynn Designs -- Alison's ribbon die


On this card I just used some butterfly stickers for my image, the largest one I placed on patterned paper from the same set and cut around it.

BasicGrey-- Picadilly papers
Hot off the press -- Butterfly Dazzles over pattern paper
Cheery Lynn Designs -- Alison's ribbon die

Hope this gave you a good idea for using up your scraps, I loved the challenge, it helped me catch up on my birthday cards that needed to go out and a plus when we can use up those piles of scrap papers we have :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

18 comments:

Janice said...

Two beautiful cards and a great way to use up some scraps, something I really should be doing! Your combination of patterned papers are just lovely.

Louca por porcelana said...

Both beautiful and cheerful,love them!Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love these two cards. The second one really spoke to me, think because of all the yellows. Good work sis.

Lowcarb team member said...

They are both great cards, so colourful ... lovely to receive.

All the best Jan

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, these are gorgeous, and I LOVE how you've used scraps! These are so quilt-like with the coordinating/compatible patterns, and I love the idea of using circles...very clever of you! And what a beautiful zinnia...so perfectly colored! Love them both! Hugs! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Connie, very pretty! I think the butterfly one is my favorite. I love how you added the circles to the strips!

Pam Sparks said...

WoW! You did good with this challenge! What a pretty card Connie! I would be stuck from the start! lol

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, so pretty, Connie! The papers look like old-fashioned wallpaper! Such a nice way to use up those scraps and make the happy recipient smile :) Hope you are having a lovely end to your week! Hugs xo Karen

Debbie said...

this is a great design connie, both have beautiful colors. this layout could be used in many ways!! nice job!!

Beth Norman said...

Connie, these are two lovely cards. You did an excellent job with the challenge. I like how you decorated your cards.

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy, this is the prettiest sketch and the papers you combined make it completely amazing! Love it with either the flower or the butterfly. Your coloring of the flower is wonderful! I still have my 1" circle punch. In the past I've use my circle punches to make scalloped edges, but with the paper strips it's fantastic! These cards go on my "Connie favorites" list, for sure!

Donna Ellis said...

beautiful take on that gorgeous sketch - especially with the quilt-like combination of lovely papers. The change from flower to butterfly completely remakes the card! LOVELINESS, Connie! Gorgeous loveliness! hugs, de

Connie said...

Oh, I love the bright and cheerful colors in this two cards. They are both lovely:)
Happy paper crafting!
Connie :)

Christine said...

Really lovely with those bright zesty colours that just make you smile!

Diane said...

Fabulous papers and lovely butterfly.

Hugs Diane

Esther Asbury said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the design you used with the strips and circles -- seems like I had this idea bookmarked in one of my old paper crafting magazines to try someday!

Kim said...

The papers in both the cards are so pretty. Love the butterfly on the second one.

Donna Phelan said...

LOVE your paper choices, that gorgeous blossom and beautiful butterfly!!!