Friday, December 8, 2017

Flower with fern

I am once again using a flower image from my daily coloring calendar.  I colored it with markers then added it to cardstock, those coloring pages are quite thin, and fussy cut it out so I could give it a little lift.  The fern and branch die were done by first applying distress inks to white cardstock with my sponge applicator and then cutting out with the dies.



Flower- daily calendar coloring image, colored w/markers
papertrey ink- hodge podge papers
Martha Stewart - border punch
Spellbinders - Foliage die (fern)
Sizzix -- Branch w/leaves die
Stampendous -- Birthday Assortment sentiment stamp
Distress Inks -- Forest Moss, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend!!

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Love your hodge podge papers, Connie, with this gorgeously colored flower! Wow! Lovely in every way, especially with that hint of pink/red to bring out the other earthy tones. Beautifully bordered, too! hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

What a big bold beautiful blossom! This is such a happy card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is gorgeous! I love your flower and I want to copy your design with the border on top and bottom so I am going to pin this one!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card!Best wishes!

Cheryl said...

What a great idea :-) I often color something thinking-- what a waste, what am I going to do with this lol

Kim said...

Such a bright and happy card, Connie. Love that big, beautiful bloom!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Connie! Love that big beautiful flower!!

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful flower and you're getting so good with your coloring, Connie! You gave the foliage such a soft and pretty look with your sponging, too. Love the design with the border top and bottom.

Esther Asbury said...

You've gotten a lot of good use out of the coloring calendar! Beautiful shading on your big yellow flower and I love the multi-colored stem! So pretty!

Beth Norman said...

Your blending of the yellow is awesome. Stunning card. Hope you're having a great weekend Connie.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Wow well done Connie, really need to dig out ny colouring book and use it, great card, not colours I use but really love them.
Well done.
Shaz in Oz.x

handmade by amalia said...

This one reminds me of a stained glass window. Beautiful, Connie.
Amalia
xo

Janice said...

Fabulous card Connie, love the pretty coloured blossom!

Debbie said...

this is a beauty connie, i can almost feel the texture in the pedals of the flower!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Connie! The trellis background works perfectly! Love the color of that yellow!