Monday, December 4, 2017

Happy Monkey's

My great nephew turned 4 this year and his parents take him to the Zoo all the time and I had heard he loved the monkeys so when I saw this 3 D stickers in the store I just had to buy them for his card, aren't they just the cutest, they just brought a smile to my face and hoped they would do the same for him.


The background clouds are from my daily coloring calendar, when I first flipped over to that day I thought now how am I going to use that one, but here we are :)  I just colored around them with a very light gray marker.  Die cut some branches and some rolling hills and added the stickers and stamped sentiment and I was done.  I have a few more monkeys left that were in the set so you may be seeing them again :)

Jot Stickers -- 3D monkeys
Spellbinders -- Cheery Blossoms die (branches)
Poppystamps -- Stitched landscapes dies
Calendar image- Clouds
Technique Tuesday- Happy Birthday sentiments stamp

I hope these little guys put a smile on your face like they do mine :)

Have a Fabulous week,
Thanks for stopping by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So sweet!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and to leave such a kind comment!!
Hugs,
Deb

Esther Asbury said...

OH Connie, that is the cutest little monkey card ever! Your great nephew is going to love it!

Louca por porcelana said...

Oh my!So cute and sweet!Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love how you added the vine for the monkey to swing from!

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, wow what a sweet card design for your great nephew.

Hugs Diane

Janice said...

Such a cute card for a four year old, love the monkey stickers!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh so CUTE! They look very happy too lol

Anonymous said...

This is too cute. Wish I was around when he opened it. I bet he loved it.

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, this is so darling! What a fun card for a 4 year old monkey loving little boy. Sweet!

Donna Ellis said...

Cutest card ever for a zoo-going, animal-loving nephew, Connie! There is something fascinating about the zoo, of course, but when you get to the primates, especially monkeys, we just want to enjoy them because we see a part of ourselves in them, I think. They are fabulous! Your card is pure delight, and such happy colors! hugs, de

April said...

This is super cute! I know your grand nephew will love it. This puts a smile on my face!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! Cutest thing ever for your monkey-loving great nephew! Extra cute with the bright green hillside and branches and clouds. A chipper birthday sentiment for it, too! Love this, Connie, and it sure did put a smile on my face!

Debbie said...

oh they are just too cute - you are so creative connie, your nephew is going to love this one!!!

Linda Walker said...

This is the cutest! took me right back to my childhood when we used to play with "barrels of monkeys!" Love it! xx

Beth Norman said...

OMgosh, this is stinkn' cute. Who says stickers have to be tacky? Awesome job Connie!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awww Connie how cute is this, you are doing well, I’m atruggling to make a dear gentleman’s 90th birthday card, long time family friend, gave idea but struggling on development!
Hope you’re keeping well, hugs prayers, Shaz.x