Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mirror Image

I just realized I forgot to share one of my challenge cards from back in October I did with my stamping group.

I took the bird stamp and stamped it onto white cardstock and then once again onto transparency because I couldn't find my acetate and it seems to work just as well.  I used black Memento ink I believe, I didn't write down what I used but it looks like that is the color I used. Turn the acetate over and place it where you want it, I probably was supposed to do an exact mirror image but it didn't look right to me and didn't fit well onto my card.  You can see you don't get as hard of lines in your mirror image.


Martha Stewart - Bird stamp, colored w/markers
Stampin up - Pine needles stamp
Hero Arts - It's your day sentiment stamp

Well I am actually feeling a little better today, thankful I didn't get it as bad as my hubby did, so at least one of us was able to feed us.  I was very sad that the kids couldn't be with us for Christmas, but with both of us so sick this year, I was thankful that it was just us so we could relax and recover.

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me know you have,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie said...

oh this is one of my favorites, i LOVE the birds!! i'm glad you are feeling better, i'm sure it was a difficult christmas without the kids. maybe you can have a celebration in a week or two!!!

Darlene said...

Cute ... great job Connie! Sorry you & hubby have been sick and yes very sad you couldn't all be together over the holiday but you were smart to take the time and recuperate!! Hugs and keep up the good work. I sure hope my mojo shows back up after the New Year comes in. LOL I think it took a holiday break too!

Louca por porcelana said...

I hope you and your husband get better soon...What a lovely card!

Beth Norman said...

Hope you're feeling better and that you were able to have a nice Christmas. Not a nice time of year to get sick.

Your card is darling. The yellow and brown birds looks great on the greenery.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh you did a beautiful job with this technique! Love that bird image, so sweet! FAB card!

Janice said...

Great card, such a clever technique too. I hope you and hubby are feeling much better now and enjoyed Christmas as much as possible.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a pretty and luminous card, Connie! So sorry to hear you both have not been well! Seems it is going around - I've read so many posts of people having to post-pone their holidays due to being sick. I hope you are feeling better soon. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful New Year full of blessings, my friend. xx Karen

Leslie Miller said...

What a clever idea for doing a mirror image, and it looks so perfect I never would have guessed. Colored so soft and pretty. I have a hard time with birds, but I love them dearly. I'm sorry you were so sick for Christmas, but glad to hear you're on the mend. Hugs, Connie!

Birgit said...

The birds are wonderful! I wouldn't have noticed the difference between the stamped image and the reverse image. I had to look really hard to see it. What a great idea to create reverse images! I'm going to have to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This stamp was such a great one for the mirror image stamping! Great work!

Lowcarb team member said...

This card looks very nice, I think birds make such a good scene on a card.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you were sick. I am glad that you are on the mend and your husband too. I would not have guessed the birds were mirror images. Good work!