Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Celebrate

Sharing some more goodies I bought at the yard sale at my Local stamping store.  Someone was selling these diecut pieces you layer together to make a dimensional scene, I think there were 4 or 5 in the package.  I decided to give this a try to see how thick they would be after using all the foam tape between each layer and since it was going to be another hand delivered card I knew it didn't matter how thick it was.  I can't remember for sure but I think there was at least 5 layers.  It ended up being over the 1/4 inch allowance for mailing in a regular envelope, so all the other sets will probably be hand delivered cards also.


To go along with the background of this scene, I decided to use my brick embossing folder and I applied Antique linen distress ink to the folder before embossing to give it a little aged look to the brick.

Here is a side view to get an idea of the dimension these have, and they are really easy to put together.


You really could use less layers if you did want to put one through the mail with regular postage.  I also used the Scotch mounting tape, it is thinner than some foam tape made for cards and scrapbooking. They even have the little tags that you can stamp your sentiment on and borders that match the images.

DoCrafts-- Foiled Decoupage Sheets-- On High Street
Tim Holtz - Bricked embossing folder, inked with Antique Linen Distress ink
Impression Obsession - Sentiment II

I love that there is always new stuff out there to try in cardmaking.

We did ok through all the rain we had for the past two days, the rain came up to our shed but didn't get inside and the street out front flooded over the curbs but didn't not come up our driveway, so we are very thankful.  It's cloudy today but no rain until late this evening so we are going to get out and go for a walk.

Hope your week is going well so far, thanks for stopping by,

Connie

15 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh WOW this is so cool! Great job Connie! I have several sheets of these in my stash but due to postage, I haven't made any of them for quite awhile. Thanks for reminding me and inspiring me to blow the dust off and create with them.
Sure hope the weather settles down soon. Hugs & Happy Day!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I LOOOOOOVE this, Connie! The images are great and the dimension is fabulous! Reminds of a teeny tiny little café we ate at in an alleyway in Rome! Magnifico!!!

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful card - I love the 3D effects !
Happy Easter! Hope the weather get back to noarmal soon! Good that it stopped to rain in time!
Hugs, Susi

Anonymous said...

Connie, oh so pretty! I love all the layers. What a romantic little scene!

handmade by amalia said...

This is so sweet, Connie, I wish I could jump right in to enjoy tea and conversation in this perfect place.
Amalia
xo

Kim said...

This is a fabulous card, Connie. I love the dimension of all the layers. I too, would love to sit on one of those chairs and enjoy a coffee and a natter. =)

Beth Norman said...

I think of a French bistro when I look at your card. So much layering. It is such awesome work. Your brick bg is so appropriate too.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card,dear Connie!Happy Easter!

Leslie Miller said...

Even in the first photo, front view, I noticed the dimension right away. This is so cool, Connie! Wow! Your brick wall is perfect and I like it with the natural look from the Antique Linen. Yes, it could be done with less dimension and still look amazing. What fun!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Connie, This card is awesome! I really love texture and dimension (layers) so I was excited to see this~ I like the tip about inking the emboss folder! It adds more depth too. Thank you for sharing~ karen o

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I’ve never seen a product quite like this! I think it look great, and your embossing folder fits in just perfectly, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love this card Connie ... you can almost imagine sitting there!
It's brilliant.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

oh!! this is so cute, i love the dimensions of it....and that brick wall!!

Janice said...

Love your layered café scene, so pretty.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love the dimension on this beauty! Fantastic scene! What a great find! :)