Thursday, March 1, 2018

Feathers

Time for another masculine card for my nephew, he is only about 10 years younger than me, I use to babysit him, now he has grown kids of his own, how time flies :)

I was happy with this until I added the last feather and I could see the adhesive through it, I thought I had use a strip of my vellum tape but not sure about that since I made this a little while ago, but since it needed to go in the mail and I was worried about what would happen if I tried to take it off it went out this way.


Spellbinders - Feathers and A2 matting basics A dies
Taylored Expressions - Fine Feathers die
Poppystamps - feather die
DCWV - Natural stack paper
My Favorite things - Label maker sentiments
Jute
Corrugated packaging

We are back to cloudy and a touch of rain, but after hearing the snow the north is getting I am not going to complain.  I so miss living in Michigan until the winter hits then it gets a little easier on me to live down here in Southern Illinois.

We have made it over the hump of the week, hope the remaining days go well for you,
Thanks for taking the time to stop in and say Hi,

Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You make a really great masculine card. The plaid, the textures, all go so well together. The vellum tape doesn’t bother me at all. Have a good day, Connie!

Leslie Miller said...

Love that plaid, and the feathers go well for a masculine card. Clever to use the corrugated packaging. I still have my crimper. It was quite the thing in its day. When you're younger 10 years makes quite a difference, and then the years catch up, sigh...

Kim said...

I wouldn't much mind the vellum tape behind the feather, Connie. This card is the perfect masculine card.

Esther Asbury said...

What a perfect masculine card - love those feathers and the cardboard!

Louca por porcelana said...

Elegant and creative!It looks vintage,seems to say that time flies...Great!

Janice said...

A perfect card for your nephew. I love all the different the textures you have incorporated.

Darlene said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Connie! Yes we got 5" of snow over night ... the wet, heavy stuff (you remember lol) but the sun has finally come out and so now we will have more flooding! Welcome to Ohio! LOL Anyways I love your overall design on this card ... great job!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful and elegant masculine card Connie! I love the colours of the feathers and also the patterns, gives it a bit of a cozy winter feel. Big hugs xx

Debbie said...

i think the adhesive adds a nice element to what would be just a plain, vellum feather. i like the plaid and i really like the corrugated cardboard!!

we are getting rain and snow and it is really crappy out. not too much wind, the predicted high winds and i am glad we are not getting them so we don't have to worry about power outages!!!

Beth Norman said...

Wonderful card, Connie. Feathers are so in and I have none. I don't mind the adhesive either. We all can't be wrong. TGIF. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Connie. I am a feather fan and I love how you used them!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another great masculine card Connie. Great background with those feathers.