Friday, March 23, 2018

Neutral and wings

I am here with a masculine card today, and I am sharing it with a few challenges.  First of all I would like to share with Apple Apricot's Simply Neutrals challenge Wen always shares such beautiful things and all those that link up just share such beauty, it is amazing to me how much beauty can be in shades of browns, ivories and whites.  I have a little touch of color in the birds so I hope that's ok.

The bird prints are a stamp in the set also so I just went around the card to frame it all and added a bit of dots with my pen in between.  I used Daniel Smith extra fine watercolor samples on this and I will have to say they worked real nice.  I still need a lot of work but I was happy enough with it for my first time using them.


I am also sharing with with Double D just wing it challenge, there are plenty of wings here :)

Crafty Secrets - Bird Notes stamp set, water colored w/ Daniel Smith watercolors
Spellbinders - Labels 37 dies
Sassafras - Mix and Mend paper
Circle paper clip

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a lovely and creative weekend!

Connie

17 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is so cool! Love the bird image and the foot print background is fabulous! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Just Wing It’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Debbie said...

the little bird feet, genius and dots, they are so little and add so much!! love the birds, that's a great, versatile stamp!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is sooo beautiful! One of my all-time favorite stamp sets which I still have. Used it last year... my, how time goes by! I just love your pastel watercolored birds. The neutral card base is perfect, and I like the die shape and the way you attached the sentiment with the spiral clip. I've been thinking about getting that Daniel Smith sampler, wondering if they're really better than other watercolors. You did a lovely job with them and I'll take your word for it. You're always inspiring me. I'm glad you linked up with us at Double D!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

What a darling and sweet little card!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love this, Connie - it has a sweet, vintage quality with all the soft colors and charming little birds. The bird track edging is darling, too! Perfect for spring. I hope you have a lovely weekend.. Hugs xo Karen

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love this card, and I love the birds on it too. Perfect for this time of year.

Have a lovely weekend.


All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Dainty and sweet!Happy weekend,Connie!

Judy Woodland said...

What a sweet card. I love your watercoloring, it's so soft and natural. And I really, really like the border with the bird tracks on the neutral card stock. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Just Wing It Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Your beautifully colored birds are fabulous in their detail, Connie. The pastels are especially sweet and lovely.

Tracy said...

How sweet! The little feet prints are so cute. Perfect way to frame these lovely tweets.

froebelsternchen said...

A lovely card - so beautiful!
Kind regards
Susi

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh a little note from a bunch of sweet feathery friends! Perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Just ‘Wing’ It, Donna DT Member.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oooh I love your gorgeous card Connie! Such sweet little cuties are those beautiful birds! And I love the foot prints all over, such a beautiful background and border it makes. No worries about the bits of colour in there please ;) Wonderful to see you joining in the SNT gathering! Big hugs xx

suziqu's thread works said...

A sweet bird card and just love the little birdie footprints all around.
Creating with a bird theme is always a joy!
Lovely that you are joining in with Simply Neutrals Tuesday!

Beth Norman said...

Your birds are coloured so pretty. So soft. I'll bet in real life it's a winner because it looks so perfect now,

Janice said...

Such pretty birds framed so nicely with the label dies, super card!

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love those little birds! So beautiful!