Monday, March 26, 2018

Paper piecing

I was looking through my folders and realized I never shared this card I made for our stamping group challenge that was paper piecing.  I love these little girls from My favorite things and I like this one for birthdays, I used pattern paper for her dress and colored in the rest.


I added a bit of sparkle to the dandelion seeds she is blowing away.  on the diecut border instead of cutting the whole border away I just used the die that cuts in a design and added some washi tape to border it.

My Favorite Things - Make a wish stamp, paper pieced dress and color w/markers for the rest
Crate Paper - DIY shop paper
Spellbinders - Scalloped classic ovals lg and Classic oval dies
Tim Holtz - Rose washi tape
Stickles - Diamond
Craftaroo - Clear Rhinestone

I hope your week is off to a nice start, we had a little bit of sun this morning as it was rising but now it is clouding over and we are being advised of possible flooding today with us to 3 inches of rain.  When I walk out to the bird feeders the ground is very spongy from all the rain we have received already.  Normally we would be mowing our lawn for the first time around now but it just has been too wet, not that my hubby is complaining but I am itching to get out and do some yard work.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a cute card. I like that patterned paper for the dress, it is perfect.

Our ground is so squishy too, and we still have snow in the shadowy places. Have a great day, Connie!

Beth Norman said...

So cute. I like paper piecing and don't do it enough. It looks great on your little lady.

It's been sunny for a week, which is highly unusual. It's 48 degrees out today and will get to just above freezing for the rest of the week. I hope the floods don't affect you.

Have a great week Connie.

Donna Phelan said...

I have a couple of those different girls too, they are rather sweet! Love her paper pieced dress, so cute!

Lori said...

Adorable! Love the pieced dress!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

She is such a cutie! That is the perfect little print for her dress. You colored her so nicely.

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet little girl - love the paper pieced dress!

Louca por porcelana said...

Oh my!I looove that cute and darling card!Wonderful!Hugs,dear Connie!

Anonymous said...

Connie, that is such an adorable card! Dare I look these stamps up online? I shall have to save my allowance up!

Kim said...

This little girl is so sweet. I love this pretty card. Hope the sun shines and remains shining for a long while, very soon.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Connie, that is such a sweet card.

Hope your weather dries up for you. We are to have warmer days this week but it's going to be a while before we can cut grass. We still have a stubborn patch of ice near our door, I thought for sure it would have been gone today. Have a great week!

Diane said...

Lovely background color, framing and sweet image Connie.

We are supposed to have rain all week, really I am ready for Spring.

Hugs diane

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! These little girls do beg for paper piecing and you did a good job with it. Love how you added glitter to the dandelion fluff. So cute! Looks like we might have some sun today, which means we're taking the dogs out for a good run. I'm definitely looking forward to more consistent sunshine.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hi and thanks for the recent visit! Your card is precious...love the dress!

Connie said...

The little girl is so adorable . . . Your cards are very special, each and every one.
Happy Easter!

Lowcarb team member said...

She is so sweet ...
A lovely card.

We've had a lot of rain recently the ground is so wet!!!

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

what a cute card, so beautifully done!! we had rain today but it was 70 degrees...our first warm day!!!

Janice said...

A beautiful paper pieced card, such a cute image.