Friday, March 16, 2018

Sketch Challenge

My cardmaking group was having a sketch challenge and since I was coming up blank for the next birthday card I needed I thought that would be a great place to start.  The stamp store here in town had another yard sale a couple weeks ago and I found this cute set and thought I would use it on today's card, it was just the perfect size for the sketch.


I kind of wish I would have put the sentiment up with the image, it kind of blended in with the paper, so I added a little black gem to bring your eye down to the sentiment, did it work? 

Memory Box - So many things to love stamp set, colored w/markers
Paper Studio - Kirby Teesdale studio paper
Nuvo Crystal drops- carnation pink
Ki - black gem

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, I had a very nice day!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you have a lovely weekend!

Connie

14 comments:

Angela said...

The card looks great. I hope you had a great birthday!

Donna Ellis said...

It's a wonderful creation, Connie! I love the warm of the brown inking, and the lovely spring green tones with the pink flowers! Beautifully done! xx

Donna Phelan said...

Great Sketch. Beautiful colors. I love pink and green together such a lovely color combo!

Darlene said...

Very pretty Connie!! Awesome sketch!

Esther Asbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther Asbury said...

Sketches are a great place to start when your creativity is low. Lovely card, and the gem does help to draw your attention to the sentiment.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful colors!! Hope you had a lovely Birthday!! Thanks so much for visiting!!
Hugs,
Deb

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a very nice card Connie.

... belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you, pleased to read you had a nice day.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful colors!Have a lovely weekend,dear Connie!

Beth Norman said...

Very nice, Connie. I do love the flowers in the heart. Your DP is beautiful as well.

Kim said...

A very pretty sketch, Connie. The little black gem does draw one's eye down to the sentiment. Another pretty and one-of-a-kind card crafted by you.

Janice said...

A lovely colour combination you have used with a great sketch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, it is catchup visiting and commenting day for me. Love your card and yes it was so smart to add the black gem next to the sentiment. I would love to visit a stamp store sale!

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty stamp that is! I would have to grab it up, too. Lovely and just right with the sketch. I wasn't thinking about the sentiment until you mentioned it, but, yes, good trick to place the gem to draw the eye.