Sunday, March 4, 2018

Wish or two

A friend sent me some cut die cuts from Anna Griffin and I had to give them a try for another masculine card I needed.

The branch was one I had cut from my cricut sometime ago and never used. The sentiment was a little too bright against this dark background so while the card stock was still in the die I sponged the center with some ink to darken it up a bit.



DCWV - Natural paper and mat stack
Anna Griffin - Avian Collection die cut (Owl)
Cricut - Branch
My Favorite things - Essential sentiments
Spellbinders - Labels trio die

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend, we have some cold temps coming this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

15 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

A brilliant card, Connie, and the colors are fantastic.
Amalia
xo

Darlene said...

PERFECT! I always forget about that sponging while in the die technique ... thanks for inspiring me (& reminding me lol). Having a great weekend ... hope you are too!

Leslie Miller said...

An outstanding masculine card, Connie! The owl is a very wise and dignified looking creature. A simple design, but with all the good stuff. I love it!

Beth Norman said...

Such an awesome card. Love the gold paper against the black and grey. Loving the owl too. How nice that you should just happen to have a cut branch kicking around. This ones a winner.

Louca por porcelana said...

How charming!Owls mean wisdom in mythology,I think this card is so cute...Hugs!

Esther Asbury said...

Great masculine card! Love how you sponged the sentiment strip to darken it -- perfect touch!

baili said...

Wow!!!
you are incredible at your skills my friend ,from cutouts you made such an amazing design!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous flower, I love the cutout behind it too, adds so much interest! Perfect colors too! Beautiful Thank You!

Donna Phelan said...

He is magnificent! I love the colors of your creation too! Just perfect!

Debbie said...

what a great card for a special guy in your life!!!

Lori said...

Great guy card! Don't you love it when something you didn't use works perfectly for something else? Wonderful design!

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love the rich gold tones! Very nice!

Birgit said...

What a cool owl card! Love the brilliant gold behind him. It's like he's sitting in front of a giant polka dotted moon. ;0)

AppleApricot Wen said...

Another gorgeous card Connie! I love that beautiful ocher you used for the background. And I love owls :)
Big hugs and love, xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great masculine card Connie. Love that owl! I have just seen Anne Griffin's new collection. Love some of the stamp/die combos she has!