Monday, April 23, 2018

Framed challenge

Poppystamps blog has a challenge of making a card with a frame.  I don't have any frame dies from Poppystamps, but as I was looking through my dies I thought maybe I could make my own, so I combined the Eyelet stitches and Colonnade Corner dies and made my own.


Once I had the frame made I had no idea what I was going to put in the middle, after looking through my dies I thought I would put together two other dies and put a flower in the center.  The centers of these flowers are very delicate so I added some oxide ink to my kraft card stock first and then cut out the flowers. I have added ink to the kraft before cutting the tendril die also. To give a little lift between the flowers I rolled up some scorpal tape into a tiny ball and added it to the center.


 The colors in the close up turned up a little too pink it is actually like the first picture, but this gives a better look at the detail in the flowers.

Poppystamps - Eyelet stitches, Colonnade Corner, stitched Bloom trio and Lovely Tendrils dies
Distress Oxide - Worn lipstick ink
Distress Ink - peeled paint
Nuvo crystal - Autumn Red
My Favorite things - More Essential sentiments

It is fun to get more use out of our dies using them in different ways. The challenge runs through April 28 so there is still time to play :)

I am also sharing my card with Cropstop blog anything goes challenge . You just have to use items from companies they carry in store.  I used Poppystamps, Distress Oxides and Distress Inks.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Connie

19 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

So very elegant! A beautiful card!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful frame, gorgeous flower! LOVE!!!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Connie that is one gorgeous frame you created! Love it!
I would love for you to link up with us over at the Cropstop blog. It's always "Anything Goes" and the only requirement is to use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can find the current link party here: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/search/label/link%20party

April said...

I love the frame. Such a pretty card!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Your framed creation is gorgeous! Love the light inky touches on kraft cardstock, and you amazing frame. But more, that flower die is GORGEOUSNESS! Pretty backgrounds, too! Wonderful cards! hugs, de

Louca por porcelana said...

What an exquisite card!Hugs!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

You really know how to use your dies! Pretty card! I like the inking you did. Good tip to ink first when the die is delicate.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nicely framed and I like the colour.

I hope your week has started well too Connie.

All the best Jan

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very pretty, Connie - love the color and the beautiful border. I hope you are enjoying some spring sunshine this week. Hugs xo Karen

Marybeth said...

Beautiful way to use your fame die! I love both the one with the frame and the one without! Such pretty blooms! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge, Connie!

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks for linking up Connie - I'd love to have you join us again sometime!

baili said...

Awesome and sooo CHARMING card dear Connie!!!

your are BRILLIANT at your skills my friend!
loved the colour so much

pam said...

Love your beautiful framed card.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty border Connie. So elegant... love the touch of oxide inks on the delicate flower.

Kim said...

The frame is pretty, Connie; how clever that you made it. It sets off the pretty flower perfectly.

Debbie said...

the flowers are so beautiful and i really love the stitching detail!! the ouster frame is gorgeous!!!

Janice said...

Fabulous frame, I love how you made it. Gorgeous flower too!

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, you made the cutest frame, and you know how I love frames! It's fun to make your own and this turned out so darling! Every part of your card is a perfect complement to the other. Love it!

Jeanne J. said...

I'm impressed with this clever frame! It so elegant for your pretty flower!