Poppystamps blog has a challenge of making a card with a frame. I don't have any frame dies from Poppystamps, but as I was looking through my dies I thought maybe I could make my own, so I combined the Eyelet stitches and Colonnade Corner dies and made my own.
Once I had the frame made I had no idea what I was going to put in the middle, after looking through my dies I thought I would put together two other dies and put a flower in the center. The centers of these flowers are very delicate so I added some oxide ink to my kraft card stock first and then cut out the flowers. I have added ink to the kraft before cutting the tendril die also. To give a little lift between the flowers I rolled up some scorpal tape into a tiny ball and added it to the center.
The colors in the close up turned up a little too pink it is actually like the first picture, but this gives a better look at the detail in the flowers.
Poppystamps - Eyelet stitches, Colonnade Corner, stitched Bloom trio and Lovely Tendrils dies
Distress Oxide - Worn lipstick ink
Distress Ink - peeled paint
Nuvo crystal - Autumn Red
My Favorite things - More Essential sentiments
It is fun to get more use out of our dies using them in different ways. The challenge runs through April 28 so there is still time to play :)
I am also sharing my card with Cropstop blog anything goes challenge . You just have to use items from companies they carry in store. I used Poppystamps, Distress Oxides and Distress Inks.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, hope your week is off to a wonderful start!