Thursday, August 23, 2018

Many Sympathies

I have the last of the sympathy cards to share and hope I won't have to make too many more of these any time soon.

The first is for our Pastors wife who lost her dear grandmother. This paper pack has many of these panels that go with the papers, they make for quick cards. The button had a large hole in the center so I put a brad through it. Added a touch of lace ribbon and a sentiment.



DCWV - The primrose paper
Hot off the press - Dazzles- 130 tiny words and phrases
button
Brad
Lace ribbon

Next for a friend who lost her mother.


The background I had made in my stamping group awhile back but can't remember the technique we used. The "you" is a stamp, I stamped the rest of the sentiment onto a black cardstock with white embossing powder.

Lawn Fawn - Fancy scalloped rectangle die
Tim Holtz - sizzix - Wildflowers #2 die
Mama Elephant - Butterfly kisses sentiments

Lastly a friend lost a cat of  I believe she said was 17 years old.  My cats lived to be that age and it is so heartbreaking after losing them when they have been apart of your family for so many years.  I have used this same die cut in the past for cats passing, but usually as a silhouette this time I colored it, after making a background using the Nuvo shimmer powders.



Image from the Silhouette machine, colored w/markers
Nuvo - Shimmer powder, Blue Blitz

It was a beautiful day so far, we went on a walk and it was so enjoyable.  I am thankful these times to get a break from the heat, the whole 7 day forecast calls for the 90's starting Saturday so back to the heat.

Hope this finds you all well, and thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

All these cards are very beautiful! Thank you so much for the cat sympathy card. It was in my box when I got home from vacation. I haven’t had a chance to pm you yet. It was very thoughtful of you to send a card! You are right, he was 17 and we miss him a lot.

I do also love the details on the first card, the brad and button with the ribbon go well with your paper.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great cards!The second is my favorite.Beautiful artwork!

aussie aNNie said...

Too many losses in this world but you have made some beautiful cards.x

Kim said...

All cards are beautiful with loving sentiments. Let's hope there is no need to create cards with a sad message for a long while. The cat card is sweet. Our pets are part of our family aren't they. Oh.....for warm days.

Leslie Miller said...

Three beautiful cards. You had me at the birdcage in the first card. So pretty. I hope you don't need more sympathy cards again soon. It's nice to have a variety on hand, but hard to make them ahead. The pet sympathy card is a very thoughtful gesture. My pets, for sure, are every bit as important to me as the rest of my family. I'm sorry for all these losses.

Beth Norman said...

You are such a thoughtful lady who is always making cards for people. Such a sweet lady you are. These sympathy cards are beautiful and all so unique.

Have a good weekend. Today is my outdoor wedding reception.

Gina said...

Connie, your friends will be blessed with those beautiful cards. How in the world to you keep all your crafts organized? I need some tips! ♥

Debbie said...

"you are in my thoughts", that one was my favorite. it has been really nice here too, but our temperatures are steadily going up like yours!!

you are so thoughtful connie, always remembering everyone!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Three very nice cards Connie.
I'm sure those who receive them will be comforted by your thoughts.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

Such lovely cards -- each one unique and beautiful!

Linda Walker said...

These are all so pretty and unique. I love the window and kitty silhouette!

Janice said...

Just catching up after a few days away. Your cards are just so beautiful, perfect for the occasion.