Sunday, September 23, 2018

Birdhouse

Using my daily coloring calendar again.  This image had some kind of a swirl or something weird with it, so I just cut around it and used only the birdhouse.  I added a chipboard bird that I first colored with Spun sugar distress paint and used gold mousse on the raised areas, I didn't like how that looked, the colors seem to clash with the house, so I took a chance and added some weathered wood distress stain on top very lightly and the two seemed to blend together fairly well and I ended up liking it better than what I had before.


I wanted the bird house to be on a pole and not just floating, so I added a strip of card stock and some vines crawling up it.  A blog friend gifted me with some paper and I used it for the backdrop, love how it all worked out!

Coloring for calm calendar image, colored w/pencils
Studio 18 - Bird Chipboard shape
Spun Sugar distress paint
Weathered wood - Distress stain
Nuvo mousse- Indian gold
Ivy , Silhouette machine die cut
Basic grey - Periphery paper

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful birdhouse! I like how your bird came out, looks wonderful! Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I want to make one of these! It's beautiful, Connie, and I love the bird house! Your chippie came out fantastic, and the ivy looks amazing! Loving how beautiful this came out! hugs, de

Kim said...

I have never heard of Spun sugar distress paint....sounds fabulous. Lovely detail on this card; the climbing ivy, the pole supporting the sweet bird house and of course the little birdie. Such a pretty card, Connie.

aussie aNNie said...

Looks fabulous and love that bird, looks so fluffy.x

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Wow, how beautiful, Connie! I love the birdhouse and gorgeous bird! Great artwork, my friend!

Debbie said...

now you know i love this one, it's so me!! everything came together beautifully!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

It is beautifully done Connie! (bird houses are a fave for me : )
I really like the edges all the way around too! Such a pretty card~
Hugs to you! karen o

Esther Asbury said...

Beautifully put together, Connie! Love your pretty birdhouse and the way you dressed it up with ivy climbing up the pole!

Gina said...

Connie, I am partial to birds and birdhouses. Love the pole you added. The bird is perfect. It looks like it has feathers. xo

Darlene said...

Oh this is so cool! I love the addition of the ivy! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, this is cute! You're very clever with using just part of the image, and I do love the bird and the ivy climbing up the pole. That's Periphery paper? I knew it would look good in your hands! ps: I have a plan for one of those calendar images... an upcoming Double D challenge. It will be perfect!

Janice said...

A pretty birdhouse, I love the addition of the ivy.

Louca por porcelana said...

How cute!Hugs!

baili said...

Oh this card is so pretty dear Connie!

i would LOVE to have it on my side table :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So sweet! Love that chipboard bird. The birdhouse is perfect with the pole and the leaf vine going up on it. Great design Connie.