Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Sending Birthday wishes

This was the first card I made once I got back from vacation, can you tell what was on my mind still :)  Yes we saw a few Seagulls on our trip as we were at the water as much as we could be :)

I am once again using an image from my Daily coloring calendar, colored with markers.  I was going to make my own beach background but since I was in need of getting this in the mail I went with using patterned paper for my background.



Can you see the little stamped sentiment I added near the cork of the bottle, my hubby saw it when I showed him so hopefully it didn't get lost in everything already going on in the paper.  After stamping it there I thought oh I could have actually stamped it on the paper in the bottle, oh well, that is what I get for being in a hurry .


Coloring for calm- calendar image, colored w/markers
Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die
K&co. - Blue Awning paper
Our daily bread design - Mini tag sentiment stamp

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Connie, I love this awesome card! The postcard background is just perfect for that seagull/message in a bottle! Love the way you added the brown along the bottom too! Awesome card!

Donna Ellis said...

Your "sand" is fabulous, Connie, and I love the daily coloring calendar image! The postcard in the background ties in so beautifully - all about messages and travel combined into one amazing creation! I love it! hugs, de

Darlene said...

oh wow ... very cool!! LOL I did the same thing ... when we got back from French Polynesia all my cards were beaches and blue waters! LOL This is awesome and yes I spotted that cute little Birthday Wishes sentiment! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE your designer paper background! The two pieces are perfect together and the bit of writing on the upper piece really goes with the image. Another cute one from your coloring calendar. I can easily see the "birthday wishes" stamped on the paper. It looks like it belongs there as part of the paper. We all have those afterthoughts when stamping, sigh...

Connie said...

Connie, I love this card . . . everything about it!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Sooo cool Connie!
What a smart way to use that great image~Love the postal marks too!
hugs, karen o

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great card all around Connie, nicely balanced co-coordinated and love the image etc. Well done indeed. Thanks for being faithful and popping over even when I don't. Hugs prayers, Shazin Oz.x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, message in a bottle, fabulous.xx

Bev Polen said...

Wonderful birthday card, Connie! Love the image and paper! It couldn't be the bottle that was on your mind after vacationing, right??? Wink, Wink!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card. Interesting stamp with the message in a bottle. Your background papers are lovely. I like how you have the Happy Birthday sitting where it is.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is just FANTASTIC! I adore every little element an your fabulous design! Perfect for my surroundings! LOVE!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card,dear Connie!Best wishes!

Gina said...

Love the message in the bottle, Connie!

Debbie said...

i love this one...keeping the vacation spirit alive. well done!!!

Janice said...

Love everything about this card, a perfect card to make after your holiday. I hope you had a great time.

April said...

This is a wonderful card! Love it!