Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Miss you

Here are the Miss you cards I made for the Military card drive.

I first started off with the paper, it just said sunflower to me so I made one to go with it. When you die cut the flower the center portion falls out, so I used that for my sentiment below, it fit perfect with the design in the paper.  The embossed image in the middle is part of the die set.  I inked the flower.



Spellbinder - Sunflower set 2
Stamps of Life - minis4circles stamp

The next two cards I used some watercolor background papers that have a design already on them, all you do is color them.  I added some images from my coloring calendars to them.
This first card I used Spectrum Aqua markers to do the water coloring.



Spectrum Noir - Simply Beautiful toppers, colored with Spectrum Aqua markers
Coloring for calm daily coloring calendar - image, colored w/markers
Die Versions - Miss you die cut 3 times and layered


This last one I colored the background using my Distress Oxides.

Spectrum noir = Easy toppers, colored w/Distress Oxides (Background)
Lang, Cheerful Journey daily coloring calendar image - colored w/markers
Pawsitively Pawesome designs - Mini stitched squares die
My Favorite things - Label maker sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Debbie said...

sweet, thoughtful cards that will mean the world to the soldiers. all 3 are beautiful but the second was my favorite, there is something about that one....

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful cards, Connie! I admire how you so quickly design pretty creations, and carry them out to fruition like this - they are lovely! hugs, de

Kim said...

Three lovely cards!! Oh yes, that bright and happy paper certainly shouts Sunflowers. Love bright and zingy Sunflowers. This will put a warm ray of sunshine into someone's winter's day.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant work Connie. An excellent opportunity for good mens cards! Do love sunflowers.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Darlene said...

These are all just beautiful Connie! Love the background and yes that 1st card was just begging for a sunflower! Well done!

Louca por porcelana said...

How gorgeous!Xo

Anonymous said...

You will make some soldiers very happy, Connie, with your cards! The first one is my favorite!

aussie aNNie said...

You are sure on a roll, and love each different and wonderful cards you make of late...the last one is a fav.xx

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Perfect!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza. Your top card is welcoming me with a bang! I love the bright orange and yellow with a touch of brown. I've been thinking of bringing out my sunflower die. Thanks for the much-needed push.

Your second card has a lovely background design. I'm loving the lime green.

On your third card I love your distressed bg and that stamp is awesome. Something I'd buy for sure.

Have a great day. It's wing night with the gang tonight. I love Thursdays.

Graça Gamito said...

Hello Connie! I enjoyed seeing your work! They require a lot of taste and skill, congratulations! I started to follow her because I was aware of her blog through a friend blogger who presents pieces of porcelain. As Connie says she appreciates porcelain, I invite her to visit my blog where I show my painting works on porcelain. If you like try try following it. Good week

Leslie Miller said...

These are cheerful, wonderful cards for the card drive. I especially love your colored images. So cute! You could have fooled me with the background on your last card. Nice job, Connie! Looks like designer paper!

Janice said...

Three pretty cards for a great cause, I’m sure they’ll be greatly appreciated.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow! A beautiful floral series. I adore the sunflower and how it mimics your pretty Designer Paper! These are all great and make me long for Spring!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Nice set of cards Connie. What a great way to share your cards. The background on the second card is awesome... love that green with the cut out image. Pretty sunflower coloring page on the last card.

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice indeed and I feel sure they will be appreciated.

All the best Jan