Sunday, January 13, 2019

Same but different

A few of the girls in my group were mentioning that when they make a card they go ahead and just make two, one they were making for someone and one they put in their stash. Although both of these went to someone, I decided to give it a try, I have only done it this once, but we will see if I try it again.

I am not one to make an exact copy unless it is at Christmas time, so one of these went through the mail and the other was hand delivered so I was able to go with a bit more bulk.



I went with a sketch for the design of the cards, I just went opposite ways with the border of flowers. These flowers I found at the Dollar store a few years back, they are very thick and that is why I haven't used many of them.

Cuttlebug - Stylized flowers embossing folder
Flowers from Dollar store
SRM Sticker - Happy Birthday
Prima- Annalee collection paper


Cuttlebug - Birds & Swirls embossing folder
Prima - Annalee collection paper
Spellbinders - Rose Collection paper
Me and my big ideas - clear gems
SRM sticker - Happy birthday


All the papers I used for the flowers and leaves were in my left over basket.

We are still getting snow today but it is coming down very lightly, they said maybe another 1/2 inch, so nothing bad.

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

beautiful connie, and so feminine. i really like the colors and the floral paper you used. it is snowing here too, finally. we have less than one inch on the ground, and the snow is falling so gently!!! enjoy it, it is so pretty to watch!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous, Connie. Pink and Green - you cannot go wrong there - and I especially like how you used lots of frou-frou on the top, and then reversed the sketch and used flatter flowers on the bottom card. They are beautiful! hugs, de

Darlene said...

Very clever and both are just beautiful!! Well done my friend ... keep 'em coming!

Louca por porcelana said...

They are adorable!How sweet!Xoxo.

Leslie Miller said...

Both are beautiful, Connie. I know you actually use the cards you make, so this could be a good idea for you. The simplicity of the design makes them nice for duplicates. Still lots of color and texture and beauty to sigh over.

Janice said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them. I love the embossing folders you have used, I have them both but not used them for ages...I’d better change that!

Diane said...

The embossed background, colors and feminine design is so pretty.

Hugs diane

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love the pink embossed look and the flowers are gorgeous. Do you think you would be able to mail these or would the flowers get smooshed?

Bev Polen said...

Connie, both of the cards are beautiful! The embossing and flowers are fantastic! Hugs!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

What a beautiful card! I have stopped saving most cards because I have too much clutter, but I have an aunt who hand makes her cards and they are so special, they have to be keepers.

We got hit with the snow too. I went to my great nephew's birthday party and got stopped in traffic for two hours while first responders dealt with a crash. A hassle for us, but at least we were safe.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards love the embossing folder and gorgeous flowers.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous texture, beautiful papers, fabulous flowers! LOVE!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love this beautiful card!! Great flowers!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for giving your opinion on my post about Blogging!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love them both. Bulky flowers make the card seem vintage. Yes, hand delivery would certainly be called for. You are just so sweet to make cards for so many people.

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL! I first read that as 12" of snow, then realised it was 1/2inch …

Love the colours within these cards.

All the best Jan