Thursday, March 21, 2019

Birdhouse

I have a few thank you cards I need to make and just before I went on my vacation we were talking in my stamp group about adding tack it over glue  from Allene on the back of our stamps that don't have any type of sticky on the back to adhere to our blocks. I was given a few stamps from another friend in the group when she was cleaning out before her big move and I hadn't used them yet since they wouldn't stick to my blocks, so I decided to clean them up and add some tack it over to them and this birdhouse stamp was the first I tried out and so far it worked perfectly, I don't know how they will hold up over time but I will get a few uses out of them at least for now :)


I left it on my desk and when I got back and was starting my thank you cards I saw it sitting on my desk and decided to use it in one of my cards, I decided to go with making a scene for it, using my embossing folder which I colored with markers also, then added some  grass and sky.  Now what to hang it with? I went with drawing a chain and then popping it up, to give it a little dimension.


Birdhouse stamp unknown, colored w/markers
Darice - Leafy Tree Trunk embossing folder, colored w/markers
D.R.S. designs - easy grass background stamp w/mowed lawn distress ink
Tumbled glass distress ink with cloud template for sky

Next time I will share more of my trip.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, Hope you are enjoying a nice week, Spring is officially here!!! now I can't wait for the weather to reflect that :)

Connie

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Connie, this is such a cute scene. I love the bird house,and your hand drawn chain is a great little detail!

Esther Asbury said...

Your pretty scene makes me anxious for spring to arrive. Love how you hung the birdhouse from the tree!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh how perfect for Spring! I'm loving working with the watercolor markers and can't stop myself now...it's addictive! Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the birdhouse and scene :)

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Such a pretty scene, Connie. I love how you build up the layers to create your cards. The birdhouse is a sweet addition.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and spring fever for you...we are waiting for our heat to cool down.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Completely wonderful! Love the soft colorwork Connie, so so pretty~ and the star of the show birdhouse is amazing! Such a favorite for me. Hugs, karen o

Birgit said...

Ooooh, I just love this Connie! I love feeding the birds and watching them out the window. Your sweet birdhouse hanging in the tree gives me hope for spring!

Debbie said...

this is such a cute card!! when i read your text, i realize how much time and thought goes in to making each card. i love the cute little birdhouse, the heart on top and little door - hanging from a chain = squirrel proof!!

spring is here, we are on our 2nd day of rain = good for the tulips and daffodils!!!

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS! Love the entire scene and really like the dimension you've added behind your birdhouse ... PERFECT!! Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute embossing folder and I love the little birdhouse. Good idea to draw the chain! I rely on good old Scotch removable double stick tape for unmounted stamps and whatever doesn't stick well, but one of these days I should try some of the tacky adhesive stuff.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a cute scene. Loving that bird house and how you have it popped. Can't wait to see your photos.

Donna Phelan said...

Your tree looks great! Love the dimension you got by using the foam squares, I love a bit of dimension, much more interesting that an all flat card (although my all flat cards make for easy mailing lol) Happy Spring!

Janice said...

Love your birdhouse hanging in the tree, super card.

Tanza Erlambang said...

little cute birdhouse...love it.
Have a wonderful weekend