Monday, March 25, 2019

Easter

My cardmaking group had a challenge to make some Easter cards, I managed to get two made this past weekend.  I had bought last year the Spectrum noir pre embossed watercolor booklet of spring images, along with their watercolor pencils.  I first started using them but didn't have all the colors I wanted so I went to the Spectrum noir Aqua markers too, they worked out great for the bunny but I didn't really like how the clear embossed leaves around him came out. I think the gold embossed bunny is so cool though. This pad is a 5x7, so it is a very big bunny.


Spectrum noir - Enjoy spring watercolor image panel, colored w/ Spectrum noir aqua pencils and markers
Our Daily bread designs - Mini tag sentiment
PPD - Mini Stitched Square dies

My second card I reached for my Easter themed Taylored Expression watercolor panels but I colored using my alcohol markers instead of watercoloring. I cut around the image and popped it up on the background.



Taylored Expressions- 3x4 watercolor panel Easter, colored w/markers
My mind's eye - Quite contrary paper
Martha Stewart - Swirling lace border punch

Have you made any Easter cards? I think this is the earliest that I have ever had my Easter cards done.

Hope your week is off to a great start, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

17 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love both of your cards! That bunny in simply fabulous and I love the bright/happy colors of the second card!

Debbie Harris said...

Your Easter cards are darling!
I love the lace edging on the second card.

Have a beautiful day ~

Darlene said...

Both Easter cards are awesome Connie! Your bunny coloring is AWESOME! I have all the Spectrum pencils and forget to use them ... I'm always drawn to my Spectrum markers! Thanks for inspiration! Well done! Yes I'm off to a pretty good start ... working on some pop up cards for this upcoming Spring show ... wish me luck ... will be the first time I showcase them.

Janice said...

Two fabulous Easter cards, your colouring is excellent!

Donna Ellis said...

your easter cards are beautiful, Connie! I love the artsy quality of your bunny - very regal and GORGEOUSLY done - and the basket is sweet as can be. You're eggstra special, too! hugs, de

Lori said...

What wonderful coloring on your bunny! Your Easter basket is darling. Both Easter cards are wonderful!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two fabulous cards.
Out recently in our local shops and I noticed there were a lot of Easter cards for sale.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, that sounds like fun -- a booklet of pre-embossed images for watercoloring. It would be nice if they were smaller, but large images are easier for watercoloring, anyway. You did a beautiful job on the bunny, and the leaves look so soft. I also love your fun Easter basket and polka dotty card. I've made a couple of Easter cards this year, but plan to make at least one more.

Diane said...

Two wonderful Easter card designs Connie.

Hugs Diane

Donna Phelan said...

I am happy to say all of mine are done! YAY! lol Both cards are beautiful! I loooooove your water colored bunny, so realistic. Well done!

Graça Gamito said...

They are very funny the cards that prepared for the Easter celebrations

aussie aNNie said...

Great cards Connie, love that bunny.xx

Anonymous said...

Why hello there you! I am back to writing and will try to catch up on what I've missed. I posted about Easter cards today too. Love both your cards and especially the bunny one! xo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two beautiful cards. The bunny looks so real because you achieved a look of real hair. Fabulous work.

Your second card is so cute. It's coloured so beautifully.

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are sweet Connie! That bunny is so darling!!! I need to get going on making some Easter cards too. Thanks for inspiring me!

Debbie said...

both are so cute connie but i really LOVED the first one!!!

i don't make any easter cards, but i do send cards to my little great nieces and nephews. they really enjoy getting snail mail!!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

both cards are lovely... I like the bunny.
have a great day