Friday, July 19, 2019

Big Sable Point Lighthouse

The next morning we started off for the state park where the next lighthouse my hubby has been wanting to go to is located. The only way out to the lighthouse is either walking or riding a bike, we saw both, we walked it. It is 1.8 miles one way, now I usually do a mile and half when I go for my walks so this was going to be a challenge for me, doubling the amount I am use to,  thankfully we had a cool morning to walk.  I didn't take much pictures along the way I wanted to get there, but I did stop and take a few once the lighthouse was in site.


You can see in the first pic that there is a bit of water on the path there, I should have taken a picture but there were many places that we had to walk along the edges because it was flooded over.



The dunes were quite high, we only saw two kids on them, everyone else stuck to the path.


The excitement is building, not only because we are seeing more of the lighthouse but I had to go to the bathroom and was getting quite tired, hoping they had some benches when we got there.


This one had a very big house attached to it.
The sign to tell about it.



I was trying to capture just how tall this light was.




There was a bench right at this break wall so I sat and took some pictures of the waves coming over.



Time to head back taking the last pic of the house.


There were a few of these ponds off to the side of the path, there was also a bench not to far down either that I took another break at.  I was pretty wiped out after this walk, by the time you count the walk from the parking lot it was a total of 4 miles.  By the end of the day when I was going to be that night my fitbit read 18,995 steps, and my body could feel everyone of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Connie

8 comments:

Debbie said...

wow connie, that is a lot of steps!! this is a beautiful lighthouse and those skies are such a beautiful bright blue. it looks like a really nice day...and your pictures are gorgeous!!

aussie aNNie said...

Love light houses and wow this is just gorgeous. The water is so blue in the last photo, magnificent work of nature.xx

Darlene said...

Fabulous photos ... thanks for sharing!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Good for you, for walking those extra steps. I nearly died on a hike last summer. At 57 I'm out of shape for step hills with ruts and roots.

Awesome lighthouse.

Have a nice weekend!!

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful lighthouse! I love the clean black and white and the way it's constructed with the panels. Your photos show it off very nicely! Can you imagine building a lighthouse for $35,000 these days? Not! You did good walking the distance in that heat! It's so much easier to walk where it's cooler. I think that's why I love to walk in the woods!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous photos, Connie, and what intriguing colors for a lighthouse! My favorite is where you are standing in the lighthouse shade, capturing the sun right behind the top! Picture perfect! Hopefully most of the walk was downhill on the way back! That always makes a hike easier LOL thanks for sharing, Connie! hugs, de

Janice said...

Beautiful photos, the skies are just amazing!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on walking those steps :)
I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.
The lighthouse looks fabulous and such nice blue skies too.

All the best Jan