Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Sweet Sister

I made this card for my Sister and was able to even hand deliver it, I bought these dies at the Scrapbook convention and was waiting to use them until my sisters card.  I started cutting out all these shapes with yellow papers, thinking I would use them for the flowers when I decided to check out the video on how to put them together because I couldn't figure it out and realized those were the bases for the tiny flowers you make, so here I was with all these yellow pieces I had cut out, I put them aside and started cutting them all over again in green this time, shaping them so that the flowers would be puffed up in a circle, I still wanted to use yellow for the bigger flowers so I cut the little flowers out of purple, after gluing them all on I took a extra fine purple sharpie and added center dots to all the flowers.



The basket die cut was bought at the same time, I did a touch of inking to the basket. There are little leaves die cuts too and I cut a few of them to put on the end of the branches. Then I started thinking of what flower I wanted to use for the bigger flowers and thought, I should just start shaping those pieces I had already cut to see if I could make a flower from them, and I think they turned out pretty cute. I added a couple of them to the bottom of the basket to kind of ground it. I also punched some bigger leaves out of a different color green paper to go with the bigger flowers.
 I shaped the basket with my biggest stylus and added some foam tape behind so that it rounded out in the center and glued the sides directly to the paper.  Added the tag and gem and I was done.

Elizabeth Craft designs - Garden notes- Gathering basket die and Countryscapes Mini Botanicals dies
Martha Stewart - leaf punch (veins using stylus)
Our daily bread designs - Mini tag sentiment and mini tag die
Ms. Sparkle & co. - Marble paper
Paper Studio - Gem

Can you quite believe it is July already.  Hope this month is off to a good start for you,
Thanks so much for dropping by,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a GORGEOUS basket of flowers -- I love the details you added to the flowers and that awesome wood background!

Louca por porcelana said...

It is adorable!She will love it!Hugs!

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL basket full of flowers card! Your flowers look awesome (I know I'm sometimes surprised by the dies I purchase lol) You did an awesome job and I'm sure she LOVED it! Well done!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love it! Summery colors and design! Hugs!

Debbie said...

oh connie, this one is stunning...i am sure your sister LOVED it. when you provide the steps in making a card, you always make it sound so easy...but i know it's not!!

the colors are gorgeous, it's so summery, and i really like the addition of the small tag. perfection!!!

Donna Ellis said...

I imagine the only thing your sister appreciated more than receiving the card, was that you were able to hand deliver it, Connie! It's beautiful, and I am in awe at those tiny little die cut flowers and how the card was put together so well. Fabulous creation! hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

wow it's so gorgeous, looks so real.xx

Leslie Miller said...

Those yellow flowers look absolutely perfect to me! Your arrangement was just asking for some yellow flowers to go with the purple. That's a lot of tiny purple die cuts! It's all very cute arranged in the basket with the tag hanging. Very special for your sister!

Love Affair with Food said...

You have it just perfect. I like it.

Janice said...

Your basket of flowers look so real, only a card maker would know they’re not! ;-)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a labor of love! This is gorgeous!

Kim said...

Such a gorgeous arrangement of flowers, Connie. The yellow flowers look fabulous with the sprays of purple blooms and the green leaves. The vase looks great too. The highlights of inking give the vase a lovely sense of dimension.

Donna Phelan said...

Ooooh I love that pretty basket filled with all of those beautiful flowers! This is gorgeous! Glad you got to hand deliver! So pretty!