Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mixed Media

Today I have a card to share for our last week of challenges in our group, I have two more to go :) This one we were challenged to do a mixed media card, using at least three different items from a list she gave, I used a stencil, paper perfect for my medium to use on the stencil, die cuts, jute, button and then topped it off by using some pewter distress stain to splatter over the entire card.


I have had the paper perfect stuff for many years like over 10 and it still was wet, it came in a natural color so I added a bit of color with my sparkle pens and mix before putting on my stencil.  This stuff does not work as well as modeling paste, it was a bit too wet so it went under the stencil but I will have to say it gave some neat texture and so I went with it. I cut the sentiment die 3 times to give it more dimension.

A picture to show the shine the pewter splattering gave to it.


Carabelle Studio - Cosmic cubes stencil
Deco Art - Paper Perfect Medium mixed w/ Spectrum noir Sparkle marker, Forest walk
Spellbinders - A2 Distressed Edges and Feather dies
Die Versions - Celebrate die
Jute
Button
Distressed Stain - Brushed Pewter, splattered on background

Thanks so much to take out the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love those feathers and your mixed media background! The splatters add just the right touch, and I love the dimension you added to the sentiment!

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME! Love it!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice job with your challenge. I like the rough edges and who doesn't like splattering.

April said...

I realy love this! I have paper perfect too and will need to get it out and play! Great job!

Donna Ellis said...

It's a beautiful mixed media creation, Connie! I love the soft colors. hugs, de

Tanza Erlambang said...

the feather looks awesome....
have a great day

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design and awesome texture, loving this and the feathers.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Vert pretty!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting on my post about early retirement!! I appreciated your input especially looking at it from a Stay at Home Mom's point of View on having an Empty Nest!! It really is a comparable situation with what to do now that one has a lot more time on your hands that you did not have before. I have started to make my To Do Lists again...It keeps me focused and on track with what I want to do...I usually write down things to do when I think of them since they seem to fly right out of my head if I don't!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my so beautifully done! I am so loving this card and all the creativity put into the textures and layers! Great neutral color scheme Connie~ Hugs, karen o

Leslie Miller said...

You've been on a roll since my last visit! This is so cool, Connie! I have to say that I think it worked out beautifully that the paper perfect stuff went under the stencil because it ended up looking like those thick glass squares they use for accent walls. Know what I mean? It used to be real popular. Sea glass? Can't remember what it's called, darn it, but I love your card!

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh fantastic background and I looooove those feathers! Makes for such a great masculine card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Well, I have never heard of the paper perfect product, but I have to agree that the texture is wonderful! It is a nice card!

Debbie said...

you always rise to these challenges connie. i like the colors and i really like the feathers!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow.. never heard of paper perfect stuff Connie but with you.. great texture.. love it!! All of it!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Happy WOYWW, and every blessing upon you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #4

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card!Hugs!

Janice said...

Great card for a male. I have always liked feather cards, and yours is no exception.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done, I do like the feathers.

All the best Jan