Sunday, September 22, 2019

Botanical

I thought a nice purple backdrop would be so pretty for these flowers, and I had to add a butterfly for this person too ;) I love these flowers and butterflies that come in this set of images from Tim Holtz, I guess they have a bit of a vintage feel to them but I added them to a more contemporary background and I still feel like they work well.



Of course I had to add a bit of sparkle with my stickles, the bow turned out looking more blue in the picture but in real life it was more of a purple.

Tim Holtz - Botanical Layers
Spellbinders - A2 matting A, Symmetry in Space and Ribbon Tags Trio dies
Gina Marie- Birthday words sentiment stamp
Ribbon
Stickles - Dusty Concord


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you are enjoying a great Sunday!

Connie

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I think these flowers would look beautiful on any kind of background. I love the purple and I'm sure the birthday girl is going to adore her card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

They are such pretty flowers and the background is a little bit lacy, and just a little bit contemporary. A neat combo!

Louca por porcelana said...

How darling and sweet!Have a lovely week!

Kim said...

The purple background is such a pretty backdrop for the flowers. I love the ribbon threaded through the Happy Birthday sentiment.

Esther Asbury said...

I love that purple background behind those lovely flowers, and those pretty little dots of stickles!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a gorgeous creation, Connie! I love those pretty colors together, and your delightful butterfly! hugs, de

Bev Polen said...

This is a beautiful card, Connie. The flowers are gorgeous and the die-cut panel is a great background! Hugs, sweet lady!

Debbie said...

ooooh it's my birthday card but it is even more gorgeous in real life. it is sitting here on my desk, right beside me, and it is bringing me great joy!!

i just adore everything about it, and there are so many pretty details to love. many thanks for adding the butterfly and many more thanks for brightening my day!!!

I LOVE SNAIL MAIL and this card is really gorgeous!!!

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL birthday card! Yes I deal with my purples looking like blues in my photos too ... frustrating! Gosh I haven't done a ribbon slide in years ... thanks for inspiration!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and love those flowers.xx

Donna Phelan said...

Love that mat die cut and all of the purples! Pretty flowers and that is a great bow for accent!

April said...

This is beautiful! I love the design. Great job!