Saturday, February 8, 2020

Glitzy challenge

The next challenge we had was to add some glitz to our cards with stencils and glitter, we could use any medium we wanted through a stencil to add our glitter too.  On this first one I used Goldens molding paste along with some yellow glitter, thought it would look pretty against this blue paper.


Going through my sentiments I found this one and thought it would be perfect, I mounted it onto some silver foil and since I had a lot of shimmer already I used a butterfly plain to go with it.

You can see a bit more of the shimmer in this close up.


Fun Stampers Journey - Starburst lines stencil, with Golden Molding paste and Bananan Art Glitter
Spellbinders - Noble Rectangle
Sentiment from cardmaking and papercrafts magazine
Sizzix - Adhesive foil sheets
Tim Holtz - Botanical layers (butterfly)

We were asked to do a couple and when looking at the blue cardstock I had out I thought that would make a pretty sky background but didn't have any good stencil so I made my own by cutting out a background die I had out of thick card stock.  One of the suggestions to use through the stencil was PVA glue, I started looking through my glues and found one had dried up, more room in my drawer now :)  but my Fast Grab Tacky glue was still good, so that is what I used here, adding some cool diamond glitter to it.


I ended up turning it from a night scene to a winter scene card.

Memory Box - Starry night Background die, with Aleene's Fast Grab tacky glue and Elizabeth craft designs, cool diamond glitter
Cardmaking & paper craft - Christmas capers stamp, colored wmarkers
Zig 2 way glue pen to add glitter to my stamped image


yes I have glitter everywhere but it is fun to get it out and use it every now and then.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes for my eye.

Connie

12 comments:

R's Rue said...

❤️

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... love that butterfly card ... gorgeous! And how cute is that snowman scene ... made me smile! And on this cold, snowy weekend I needed a smile! LOL Great job!

Donna Phelan said...

Love that texture, especially on your first card! WOW!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These turned out beautifully! Thanks for doing my challenge! I know it was a messy one!

Kim said...

Glitter does tend to spread everywhere, doesn't it. =) Love the sparkling card, Connie. The yellow through the stencil looks amazing! Love too, the butterfly. As for your pretty snowman cards, how sweet they are. Love the two different skies.

Esther Asbury said...

Such pretty ways to use glitter! The yellow butterfly matches your background perfectly, and your winter scene is so sweet!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the winter scene, it's so cute.

Have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

It does look like you had some fun making these cards! Such a pretty background and butterfly on the first, and the winter scene on the second is so cute!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful cards!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two lovely cards. I'm very impressed with the beautiful yellow card and how you got the yellow in the butterfly and the yellow glitz to coordinate so well.

Debbie said...

the sentiment on the first card is so perfect for it!! i don't completely understand the process you explain but it sound wonderful. i do hate when supplies dry up or and me used any more....

i really LOVE the second card, it is so adorable, and has the perfect elements for both nighttime and snow!!!

Janice said...

Pretty glittery cards! A lovely snowy scene on the second one.