Monday, March 2, 2020

Pattern Papers

Sisterhood of Crafters Blog has a new challenge to use Pattern papers. I had just a small amount left of these papers and so I decided to use them for every part of this card.  I had  cut a piece out of the background paper awhile ago and used in another card but I saved the remaining piece and it worked great for this card, I just added a piece of tan paper behind, you know to use more of pattern paper and then stamped my flowers using brown ink onto more pattern paper trying to align the center of the flowers with the pinks in the paper, hand cut them out.


This paper is double sided so I used the back of it for the leaves and the sentiment tag.  Since I thought I had enough leaves around the flowers I used the other two that I had bunched out to lay on the ribbon I used and added a gem to top them off.  I still have some small pieces left so I got out my butterfly punch and added them too, I was trying to use as much of the paper I could without looking to busy, not sure if I pulled it off or not but I liked the finish product :)

Autumn Leaves - Flower stamps
Spellbinders - Blossom and Labels trio dies
Martha Stewart - Leaf and butterfly punches
Stampendous - Birthday assortment sentiment stamp
Stampin up - Rhinestone large
Nuvo - crystal drops - Carnation pink
Distress stickles - Worn lipstick
Ribbon


I think hubby and I have been hit with a very light form of the flu, I am thinking probably because we actually got our flu shot this year, this is the first I have ever gotten and they say that if you do catch something it helps to make the symptoms not so bad and in our case it hasn't been too bad at all, mainly headache, mild body aches and very tired.  Hope you are all able to stay well, hopefully it won't be long and spring will come and we will be over the bad part of flu season.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

I like it too, it's very pretty and delicate! And Spring like!!!

Darlene said...

So pretty Connie! Great use of those left over papers! I hope the flu doesn't hit you guys too hard! So much 'crud' going around right now ... scary! And yes, I am SO ready for Spring! Thanks for sharing your card at the Sisterhood of Crafters 'patterned paper' challenge! Good Luck!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun, lively, colorful, Spring-time festival of elements! Beautiful card, Connie! hugs, de

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card, Connie. I love pattern paper and am working with it this morning.

Your card rocks with using up scraps of designer papers.

Hope you and hubby are soon on the mend. Indeed, a flu shot helps.

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, wow love the layers, colors and fabulous design.

Hugs Diane

Esther Asbury said...

I love the striped paper you used on this "pretty in pink" card!

April said...

This is so pretty! I love the patterned papers you used. Great job! xx I hope you feel better real soon.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great card,supercute!I hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Connie, I hope you and your husband get better very soon! Oh I love your card! The flowers and butterflies pop! ♥

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the patterned papers you used here.
Hope you feel better soon.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

You did a great job putting those papers to work for you! Really love the flower stamps, too. Hope you feel better. Can't be too careful these days.

Debbie said...

WoW connie, such a pretty card, i really like the colors you put together and the layout you used!! spring is not too far off and the butterflies will be back!!!

Debbie said...

ooooh and i forget to say, i hope you are feeling better. it sure has been a rough patch for you!!!