Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Wren & Wreath

I thought I would use another die that I got out of the Crafters Companion Advent Calendar this last year, I colored it up with some markers.  I spent an evening a little while back stamping some of these layered stamp birds so I would have them on hand, all I managed to get done was the Wren's in the set I need to do it again using the Robin's it is nice to be able to just grab and use them when I want.


I sponged in the center of the wreath with some blue ink and now I wish I would have added a little more, I popped the bird's body but left the feet to sit on the leaf.  Stamped the sentiment directly onto the pattern paper.

The Greetery - Robin and Wren stamp set
Crafter's companion - Wreath die, colored w/markers
BasicGrey - Periphery paper
Fiskars - sentiment stamp

I have to go and get my real ID driver's license today, wish me luck, it took us 3 hours to get hubby's done, hoping it is much less time for me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so sweet. I love the wreath and that bird is terrific. I think I have that little sentiment I wonder if I could find it. It is a a nice one. Good luck with the license!

Donna Ellis said...

What a great wreath, Connie! Beautiful leafy colors and such a sweet bird! I especially like the dimension and intriguing elements in the right border! Beautiful card. Hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

I love that sweet little wren with all it's detail! Bird cards are some of my absolute favorites!

Diane said...

Fabulous design Connie.

Stay virus free.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty, Connie. The wreath is such a nice 3D touch.

Leslie Miller said...

What a great idea to have a few of these birds made up and ready to go. You sure made a beautiful card with this one! Good luck with the real ID. I don't know why it should take so long!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful wreath, love the gorgeous result.xx

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty wreath, I love making them form die cut foliage pieces, yours looks great! And your sweet little bird is a great accent too!

Debbie said...

oh i love this card...it looks like a carolina wren. you always put so much thought in to every step of every card - and it shows. it's a beauty!!

i hope you made out ok a mv, ours is much better now that each clerk has their own computer. still, i do everything i can on the computer at home!!