Saturday, April 4, 2020

Blessed Easter

I just love the combo of Purple and Yellow for Easter and Spring cards.  When I was trying to decide what to do for my daughters Easter card, I saw this challenge over at Time out challenge to use Purple, and I thought well here is my chance to figure out what I want to do with purple and I went with cutting a cross out of my purple metallic paper and I was trying to find some small stamped flowers to put with it and I just couldn't find anything I liked when I remembered my Tim Holtz botanical Ephemera, and I found just the one to go with it.

  I was thinking it looked a bit plain but I didn't want to do a splatter on the background so I decided to add them myself directly from the sparkle pen and I wish I would have just covered the cross and flowers now and splattered it on, things we learn when creating.


Tim Holtz - Botanical layers, emphemera
Spellbinders - Labels 29 and Cross collection dies
Ms. Sparkle & co.- Watercolor paper
Mama Elephant - Blessed sentiment stamp
DCWV - Metallic paper for cross
Spectrum noir - Sunshine yellow sparkle pen




Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Wishing you all well physically and mentally as we take this journey together!

Connie

18 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I've been working on Easter cards too! Love your pretty purple version with the gold accents!

sandie said...

A gorgeous card and I love the way you added the splatters yourself. Lovely arrangement of flowers. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Louca por porcelana said...

It is amazing!God bless!

Diane said...

Wonderful shape and design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Susan (rainy) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Connie. Love the floral arrangement at the base of the cross. And I think your gold accents look wonderful.

aussie aNNie said...

So lovely nothing like a Blessed Easter in these times. Sadly we can't go to a service but our neighbour brought over a blessed palm done by the priest, it is comforting.xx

Kim Sharman said...

The background water colour paper is lovely. I love just the touch of colour. But the stars of this card, I think, is the beautiful purple cross and those sweet flowers. This card is perfect for sending a blessed Easter thought, Connie.

Nonni said...

Beautiful Easter card! I love he flower bouquet you created, it adds color and dimension in a beautiful way. Great use of dies too! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...just love your beautiful cross and all those wonderful flowers.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

April said...

This is a beautiful card! Love it!

Birgit said...

Oh Connie, this card is so gorgeous! What a love detailed cross and those flowers adorn it beautifully. Your daughter will be thrilled to receive such a beauty.

Darlene said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Stay well!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous shape, love that beautiful cross and your fabulous colors--you're right! Fantastic!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is so beautiful. The purple, and the flowers, are lovely. Your daughter will be so happy. I sent out Easter cards and they have been received. Everyone was tickled I think because they are in self isolation and sent them some happiness.

Janice said...

Beautiful card, I love the shape. That’s one set of label dies a I’ve not seen before!

Anonymous said...

Connie, oh my, your card is gorgeous! Love the cross and flowers!

Shona Chambers said...

This is one beautiful Easter card!! The shape is so stylish and love the CAS design too. The addition of the flowers on the bottom of the cross is genius, really adds to the feeling of the card. Always wonderful to see you at TIME OUT and please stay safe!!

Debbie said...

i have received a few easter cards, none as pretty as this!! i love the purple, happy easter dear connie, this one is going to be very different for all of us!!!