Saturday, April 18, 2020

Earth day challenge

In my card making group they have a new challenge to use recycled items on our cards.  Now I have used Tissue boxes before on my card and I have a few of them in my stash so I have used that as the base of my card.


For my flowers and leaves I was looking around at other things I have that I save that I think I may use on a card and I came across these safety seals on my big cans of cashews I buy, they are a textured foil, I decided to use my alcohol inks on them and then cut them out with my dies, for the centers I used card stock.

Here is the tin I used. Before it was inked.


Close up of the flowers



Tissue box
Spellbinders - Scalloped Square small die
Memory Box - Fabulous Phlox, cut from cashew safely foil with Alcohol inks to color it
Memory Box - So many things stamp set for sentiment
Ribbon off packaging
Gems

For my second card I used another portion of the tissue box, and added some different flowers



Tissue Box
Spellbinders - Carnation Creations dies, cut from cashew can tin, colored w/alcohol inks
Ms. Sparkle & co. - stamp sentiment
Gems
 Brad

Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you are enjoying a nice weekend!

Hugs,
Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The metal seal for your cashews! That is such a good idea for recycling. I would have never guessed. The tissue boxes are perfect and your cards really are quite pretty!

Debbie said...

these are genius connie!! i always save pretty tissue boxes to store things in, they are so much prettier than a cardboard box and i am amazed at how often i need a box that size. but using them for a card is a much better idea and the metal seal thingy, brilliant!!!

Diane said...

Wonderful techniques and designs Connie.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love this recycled card. You got very creative.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'll be! Connie, I never would have thought to save the cashew lid, but it sure made some pretty flowers! Beautiful cards with the tissue box image. Some things are just too pretty to throw out!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and most gorgeous colours here brilliant ideas.x

Susan (rainy) said...

Fantastic job at repurposing with the tissue box and the tin! Great ideas and beautiful cards.

Donna Phelan said...

So Clever.....love those textured tin flowers! This is a fabulous card! I might have to put cashews on my shopping list lol

Anonymous said...

Connie, I've never thought of this before. Wow! Great idea and the cards are beautiful!

Birgit said...

Oh my word, this is so pretty and incredibly clever!! You'll have me looking through my house to see what I can recycle now. What a fabulous idea and it saves our landfills. Well done Connie!

Janice said...

Such a clever idea to use the fold lid like that! Your flowers and leaves have a lovely texture and you’ve coloured them so well.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness!
You got wonderfully creative here.
Fabulous.

All the best Jan