Saturday, April 25, 2020

Spring Blooms

Over at Power Poppy they are having a Color Cues challenge.  I used Marcella's Rose Digital for this challenge.  You have to use the colors Warm yellow, soft blue and bright green.  I went with a yellow rose, the leaves green and the shadow around it in the blue.


The sentiment came from another of her sets but this one is a clear stamp set that I have.

Power Poppy - Rose digital stamp, colored w/markers sentiment from Lavender stamp set
Spellbinders - Labels eight die
PPD - Stitched Curved Coved Rectangles die
Signature Collection - Homespun paper
Sequins

Well I planted some green pepper plants in my garden on Wednesday, then I decided to go ahead and plant all my seeds in my planters on my deck.  I planted Spinach, Romaine Lettuce and Beans.  We have had quite a bit of rain ever since, there has been some dry moments here and there, but a good amount of rain, I am just wondering what all that is going to do to my seeds, the pepper plants seem to look good for now.  We are supposed to get a break on Sunday and Monday, so hopefully they get some chance to dry out a little bit and get some good sun.

I hope you all are staying well and have a creative weekend!

Hugs,
Connie

14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful rose, yellow is my most favorite too! I do love your sentiment as well and probably will be singing that the rest of the day....and I'm okay with that! Be well!

Darlene said...

Oh how I love a yellow rose! Such a pretty card Connie! Good for you for getting some planting done. As far as your seeds, if the pots are well drained they should survive but if there is sitting water they will rot unfortunately. We are to get rain beginning tonight then all day Sunday & also some on Monday. And, the air is still chilly. I'm ready for those sunny 70s lol. Stay well!

April said...

This beautiful! Nice coloring on the rose.

Donna Ellis said...

It's beautiful, Connie! xx

Diane said...

Just a lovely design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

Yellow roses are my favorite and you did a beautiful job coloring this, Connie. A lovely sentiment, too. I use the sentiments in the lavender set a lot. I hope you get some sun for your pepper plants and seeds!

handmade by amalia said...

A beautiful rose, dear Connie. We are already enjoying spring around here (as much as you can enjoy spring from home) and many of the roses are in full bloom.
Amalia
xo

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty lovely rose and gorgeous colours...
Sounds like a nice vegie garden in order, love spinach and all you planted sounds lovely...enjoy your Sunday.xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely card Connie.. I too been busy in garden.. house is neglected!
Sorry for late visit! 😊
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love, in these changeable times. As Paul wrote: "We walk by faith, not by sight."
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous!I love it! Blessings,dear Connie!

Debbie said...

such a pretty card!! we have been getting a lot of rain here too, and it's so cold, i still have all of my plants inside!!

R's Rue said...

So cute

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the yellow rose.

I do like the sound of all the vegetables you've planted.
Happy growing!

All the best Jan

Janice said...

Beautiful Spring card, love that rose and the stitched frame die.