Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Christmas Globe

I am pretty excited about the amount of Christmas cards I am getting done this month, that will help this fall when I have many birthday cards to make.

My local stamp store is closing in two weeks, so very sad, now I will have to travel over into Missouri to go to a stamp store and it is close to an hour away instead of just 10 minutes.  She is having some sales and I found this stamp set where the globe is separate and so I can put any image inside as long as it is small enough, so I thought it would be a good investment.  This house and the sentiments came with the set so that is what I used first.


I love that vine on the roof, colored it with markers and then fussy cut it out and added a little pine branch border for it to sit on.  I also remembered my white flocking I have so I used that for the snow on the door.

Penny Black - Cozy nights stamp set, colored w/markers
white flocking for snow
Paper studio - Cozy Christmas paper
Martha Stewart - Border punch
Nuvo Crystal glaze in windows

Next up I decided to try it with a horizontal card.


Changed up the colors I used to color it, different sentiment and the papers. But all from the same things in my first card.

Hubby mentioned I need to do some snow inside the globe like it was just shaken, thinking of adding some white paint splatters, what do you think, should I add them or leave it as is.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet little snow-globe house and beautiful cards! I think paint splatter snow would be a nice addition ---
Sorry to hear your stamp store is closing, I know the feeling of not having a craft store nearby --- the closest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away!

Kim said...

It is sad how a lot of stores are closing. Sad too that you have to travel so far to replenish your supplies. Both these cards are lovely. I love the idea of a snow globe. Cute little house and all the details are pretty. Love the plaid background on the first card as it gives a wintry, Christmassy feel. Paint spatters would evoke a snow globe feeling.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely snowball, hope you got some bargains in the home sale. love the cute house and nice to have Christmassy cards. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such adorable, adorable cards. This is certainly a stamp that I would own.

Sad to hear of the demise of your scrapbook store.

I think DH is right, paint splatter would be pretty cool.

Diane said...

What fun snowball designs and papers Connie.

Hugs Diane

Debbie said...

i really like these globe cards and i too, am happy you are getting so many cards done for christmas!!

i think snow inside the globe might be "too" much on theses cards, maybe not, but don't tell him i said that!! i don't know, i think they are perfect, just the way they are!!!

Debbie said...

and i forgot about your store closing, are you able to order products on-line???

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to hear your stamp store is closing; could you consider doing purchases online?

I like your cards as they are ...

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic designs! Glad you made two, I have been doing that lately as well, seems easier when you have all of your supplies out! Love the plaid background, so bold!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards!

Janice said...

Love these cards you’ve made with your new buys. I think I should try making two [or more ;-)] cards when I have every out...good tip!