Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Out the window

I shared with you last month on backgrounds my stamp group made during a Zoom meeting we had, you can see that post HERE that describes what we did.  I really never thought I would actually use this one, wasn't a big fan of how it turned out but my hubby thought it was really good.  He said that it would be neat if that was like a wall of an old building and I had this window that over looked a county scene outside, well I took what he was thinking and I went for it.


watercolor background
Poppystamps - Grand Gothic Luminary, Colonnade Corner and Lovely Tendrils dies
Stampendous - Meadows Edge stamp set on watercolor paper

This was meant to be a masculine card for a friend at church that just went through eye surgery and it didn't work out well, we are still praying he gets his full sight back.


Thank you for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

13 comments:

Debbie said...

so sorry for you friend, i hope he is able to enjoy this beautiful card!! i liked the first one and this one even more!!

your husband is a good judge of what works!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think this is a great use for the background. Great idea! That is sad when someone has a surgery and it does not work out well. Hope there is still something that can be done to heal him.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a fantastic card!!! Love your background. Your scene works very nice. I'm sorry to hear that your friends eye surgery didn't go well.

Esther Asbury said...

Sorry your friends surgery didn't go well, I'm sure your beautiful card will bring comfort to him knowing someone thought of him and cared! Love the pretty little country scene!

Diane said...

Wonderful design Connie, sorry your friends surgery didn't go well.

Hugs Diane

Louca por porcelana said...

Your husband is right,it is a great card!I hope your friend gets better.Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Connie, that window card is gorgeous! I do hope your friend recovers soon. xo

aussie aNNie said...

Connie this is stunning I love the window scene and it gives a resemberence of life...love hope your friend gets well soon.xx

Donna Phelan said...

Sorry to hear about your church friend, maybe in the coming days things will work out for him! Great card. Love that window and I agree with your Hubby, it does remind me of an old wall in an even older building. I think I may have a similar picture (kind of sort of) from Greece!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, that window die is so elegant... love the pretty scene behind... what a lovely design. Be safe! God bless!

Janice said...

Well done to your husband, a great idea. The panel makes a perfect background for the window scene.

Graça Gamito said...

Hi Connie! After several months without visiting your blog (as well as others ...) I had the pleasure of enjoying this stained glass card of yours

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely card Connie, but I was sorry to read your friends surgery didn't go well.

All the best Jan