Sunday, August 30, 2020

Faux Watercolor

 The challenge this week in our stamp group was to use a watercolor with a twist, well as I went back and read it I don't think I did it correctly but this is my outcome.

We were to lightly mist our water color paper with water, stamp our solid stamp and then as it dries stamp it again, well I did the first part correctly but my second stamping was with the outline stamp.

I am also sharing this with the Sisterhood of crafters blog where the challenge was to use our senitment as the focal point.



W Plus 9 - Pretty Peonies stamp set w/Distress inks
Worn Lipstick, Fired brick, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, mowed lawn, bundled sage, peeled paint, tumbled glass, faded jeans, gathered twigs and Distress Oxide - Scattered Straw
Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped rectangles die
Spellbinders - Fancy framed tags one die
Gemini - sentiment die
Vellum
Bazzill - Brads
Sequins

It was interesting how some inks seemed to wash out more than others and I noticed I had to keep misting my paper in order for there to be enough for the inks to spread out, but it was a fun way to stamp.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Connie your peonies are just stunning here and love how you used vellum for the sentiment. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Most beautiful designed creation, the colours are stunning, love your senitment as the focal point theme . Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges

Kim said...

Another fabulous and interesting technique, Connie. Such a pretty card.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the soft watercolor look you achieved by misting your images! Such a fun technique!

Birgit said...

This is simply gorgeous Connie! I love your water coloring technique. Your card is artsy and beautiful and just perfect for the challenge.

Debbie said...

what a great technique and the results are really beautiful!!! nice use of vellum for the greeting!!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is SO pretty! Love the technique idea (on my todo list ... thanks! lol) and love the end result! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Louca por porcelana said...

So sweet and romantic!

Leslie Miller said...

When I read your title I was curious as to what this faux watercolor technique would be. Now I see it's one of my favorites from the past and I really need to revisit it sometime. Whether right or wrong, Connie, your card is delightfully colorful and pretty! I see a watercolor look to it. So sweet!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty Connie. It turned out so well, despite your disappointment. Have a great day!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful! Gives such and artsy vibe. Love the images and colors, fun technique!

Janice said...

What a great technique. A really pretty card with such soft colours.