Friday, August 28, 2020

Use a picture

 Our last challenge in the group! I made it just in time, I had to get ink for my printer the only color I had in there was black.  We were to use one of our own photo's on a card.  I love these challenges because they push me to try things that I have been wanting and meaning to do but never got around to it.  My hubby's hobby is to take pictures, hopefully it will make us money when he retires.  When we go places on our vacations it revolves around taking pictures, mostly of nature.  I have his old camera so we do it together and so I went searching through my photo's to find one that I thought I could add some of my die cuts to enhance the scene a bit, and came across this one I took on our trip last year to Minnesota.


 I added a deer taking a drink out of the creek and a couple more pine trees. Since this is a 4x6 photo I didn't have a die quite the right size to frame it so I pulled out my decorative scissors, you know those things we used before punches and dies came out :)



My Photo, framed with black card stock cut from provocraft decorative scissor
DCWV - Old world paperImpression Obsession - small deer die
Frantic Stamper - Oregon Fir and small Oregon fir dies
Momento - cardstock for trees
Fiskar - sentiment stamp


It was kind of hard to get a close up of the picture without a glare since I printed it on glossy cardstock.

Thanks so much Diane for sharing how to keep my supply list together instead of  adding spaces, it Worked!!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope you enjoy a nice weekend!

Connie

11 comments:

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS and absolutely beautiful! GREAT idea and awesome card! Well done!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job!Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cool concept Connie. Love how you used the die-cuts with the photo... awesome scene!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how perfect! It's a beautiful photo and perfectly enhanced with your dies. I used to enjoy making photo cards, but that was before I started stamping.

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely to see a combination of your talents put together for this incredibly beautiful creation, Connie! XX

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely and very realistic, greatly put together too. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Good golly!! This is such a gorgeous card. I would be totally stumped with this challenge. Your black frame around your photo adds real depth to your scene, especially being it is black. The dear looks like it belongs there, and your cute die cut trees are a perfect touch too.

Debbie said...

an awesome picture and a great card!! i use pictures primarily when i make cards because i do not have the talent you have!!!

this has given me the idea to add a few things to it!!!

Kim said...

Oh, this card is so very clever, Connie. I love the backdrop of the photo with the deer in front. This is such an amazing idea!

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic! Love his photos and your added art elements! Oooh I see a great business in your futures!

Janice said...

Amazing scene, a very clever technique too, to use a photo.