Monday, November 2, 2020

New Home

 One of my close friends for the past 13 years is moving away, 5 hour drive away. I am happy for her because now they will be close to her father and her son's family but sad for us.

I won this die set from a blog awhile ago and she did not know who was the maker of the die set, but it comes with the trees, house, light post and fence, I cut them all from white card stock and colored them.


I used my home made stencil for the clouds and a grass stamp for the lawn and inked over it.


Village scene dies, colored w/markers
D.R.S. designs - Easy grass background
Distress inks - tumbled glass and mowed lawn
Spellbinders - Sentiment one die


I hope your week is starting off well for you, we have sunshine and that always makes for a happy day!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

 

15 comments:

Debbie said...

this is such a sweet card and of course very thoughtful!!

Darlene said...

Awe ... happy for them but yes, going to be sad for you! How sweet of you to make this beautiful card for your friend! Love the clouds ... well done and the over all scene is heart warming! Well done my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, super cute die set and a perfect card for your friend. I'm sad for you because I know how that would feel. It's hard enough these days with some of my friends completely sequestered at home because of COVID. You cannot replace a hug with Facetime.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet card. Hugs!

April said...

Such cute dies and a wonderful card for your friend!

Anonymous said...

Connie, I'm sorry your friend moved away. She will love your card. xo

Donna Phelan said...

Yeah but you can always make a road trip for a visit and an adventure! Love the card, the clouds look fabulous! I love the die cut houses too, very cozy!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is one fabulous scene you created. Your sky is lovely. I can see some crying going on when your girlfriend opens her card.

Birgit said...

What a cute card! The little neighborhood scene is darling. I'm sorry that your good friend is moving away. She'll love your thoughtful card.

Alex said...

Your card is so neat and sweet!It is sad that your friend won't be nearby butI'm sure you will stay in touch...and she will be so pleased with her card :).
That die set is so good,isn't it? Very useful!
X Alex

Diane said...

This is such a sweet card Connie I am sure your friend will love it.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous card and beautiful kit. Great images .xx

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a very nice card, your friend will be delighted to receive it.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet little village scene - perfect for a "new home" card!

Janice said...

You have created a lovely new home scene, I'm sure your friend will love it.