Friday, November 27, 2020

Sending Love

 One of the girls in my cardmaking group sent me a few backgrounds awhile ago.  Every now and then I try to break up where I get my goodies that I am using from, sometimes I look into my not used basket, or my coloring images, or the way too many cardmaking magazines I have and the other place is the little extras that I get when a fellow cardmaker has sent me a card and that is what I used today.  It looks to me like she did some Alcohol ink background and then embossed it, I thought it would work great for another Autumn birthday, so I paired it with my layered flower die and to tone down the metallic I added some lace, what do you think of combining the two? It was white lace but too me was a little too white so I sponged some brown ink over top.


I was a little disappointed in the tag, after I had stamped it I could read it very well, but by the time I went to take a picture of it I noticed that it had lightened up quite a bit.  I could read it ok in person but it looks even lighter in the picture, hopefully my niece will be able to read it :)


Embossed background from friend
Gemini - Dahlia die (flower and leaf)
Lace - sponged ink over it to dull it out a bit
Papercraft Inspiration magazine - Greetings stamp and tag set



I am in head for a busy day, I have to take down all my Autumn decorations, dust and sweep, then put up Christmas, I have a feeling it won't all get done today as it is nice weather today so we have decided to put up all the outdoor lights too.  Have you started your Christmas decorating yet?

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful background - so sweet of your friend to send it to you! I love the flower and lace you paired it with too!
My Christmas decorations are up for this year - we decorated the tree Thanksgiving night. I didn't put out as much as I used to -- trying to simplify a little more every year.

Debbie said...

your niece will definitely be able to read the message and appreciate this especially lovely card!!

and how nice that your card group share goodies!!!

Alex said...

I think the lace works beautifully! especially with the slight toning down. Christmas decorations? Haven't had time! But I will soon. Xx

JD/ Jill said...

This is very pretty I do like that background and the lace definitely softens it to give your card the perfect balance.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is pretty! I think the tag looks aged, like a patina or something.

It sounds like you had a very productive day! We put up the tree, but not with ornaments or anything, just put it into place. We want to do more decorating tomorrow.

Tanza Erlambang said...

no, We do not start decoration for Christmas yet.... our decoration is so simple.

Flower and leaves make your card look so special.... beautiful

# Happy late thanksgiving to you and yours.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovley design with the lace, and the gorgeous embossed background. Love the pretty flower..xx

Janice said...

A stunning flower against the beautiful lace and your embossed background. I think the tag looks fine as it is, going for a muted look.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous background and that's a beautiful die cut, love the layering!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a lovely card. I like the colours.

Leslie Miller said...

I enjoyed reading your post about how you move around through your stamp room goodies. You sure made a beautiful card with the background you were sent. Love the added lace!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely layered dahlia! I also love the dry embossed background and the light coloring on it... adds a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous details, Connie. I love the background too!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks so pretty.

All the best Jan