Saturday, April 10, 2021

Bird in nest

 Before my surgery I bought some cheese cloth, I have seen many use it in their creations and I thought why not give it a try, it took Esther sending me this sweet bird already colored and ready to use to give it a try, I inked it up with a few colors of my distress inks and pulled it apart and then bunched it up again and glued it to a piece of packaging from a recent order.


I added a border I punched from a Martha Stewart punch and added some Black enamel accents to the centers.  That is the same stuff that I usually use for my birds eyes but I see Esther uses a little gem, I will have to remember that for my next birds I do :)  The sentiment circle is another Martha Stewart punch and I stamped the sentiment.



Update, I have been able to sit in my craft room for 30 minutes at a time now, for the past two days, not too much pain when sitting, I just get a burning feeling in my big toe after that much time so I come back out in the living room and put my foot up, getting excited that I have seen big improvement this week, a month after my surgery.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Connie

14 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! Nicely done. Glad to hear that you are doing better!

Debbie said...

this is a sweet one and the timing is perfect as all of the birds are nesting right now!! this technique is so pretty, many thanks to esther for sending you the bird, ready to go!!

i'm so happy to hear that you are improving. more time in the craft room is awesome!!

Esther Asbury said...

So happy to hear you are improving!! So fun to see how you use the few little goodies I sent -- love the corrugated background on this lovely card!

Diane said...

Happy to hear you are getting better Connie. What a fun corrugated background and design.

Hugs diane

Kim said...

Love the happily coloured birdie standing in the nest. The corrugated card is fabulous. 'Tis good to read there is a little improvement with each day. Take care.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and love the corrugated background, always looks good. xx

Birgit said...

I love all the texture on this card. Well done Connie! I like how you used the cheesecloth. I have some tucked away that I'll have to pull out. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to spend a bit of time in your craft room. You go girl!

Leslie Miller said...

I've always loved this craft element, but didn't realize it was ordinary cheesecloth. Fabulous! The bird is beautiful. Love the little flower border, too. I never would have thought recovery time would be more than a month for bunion surgery. I'm glad to know you're improving!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a darling card. I love how you thought to use cheesecloth for a nest. Very unique. The bird was a lovely gift to receive.

I'm happy to hear you are improving. With myself in a walking cast for 6 weeks last summer, I can sympathize. I tore all the cartilege off my ankle bone in a fall last July, you may recall. It can be frustrating to not be able to craft, but it will come. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a good week ahead.

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty bird....oh I looooove the cheese cloth accent. Ill have to remember that!

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous design you have put together using your Esther RAK. I haven't used gauze in years ... thanks for inspiration! You've used it in a very smart way and the corrugated background is perfect! WELL DONE my friend! Hang in there ... better days ahead!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable card, Connie. So glad you're doing better xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read that you are improving - more time in the craft room sounds very good.
Take care.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

Fabulous card! Great use of packaging and I love the sweet bird.