Saturday, May 8, 2021

Blooming good day

 I had the cross-stitch already made, and I thought it might be a cute idea for my friend to just add a little bit of repositionable tape on the back so that she can take it off and use it as a book mark.  I really should have made a bigger size card so that I could use a bit of ribbon on it but I had to mail it so I left the ribbon off. The tag and cross-stitch pattern are from My favorite things so I went through my stamps from them and found this little girl and thought it would go with the cross-stitch perfectly :)


I popped the girl and the sentiment up with some foam tape so that the sun could sit behind.

  • My Favorite things - Cross-stitch tag die and pattern, Blooming good day stamp, colored w/markers
  • Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die
  • DCWV - Crafty stack paper
  • Spellbinders - Lg. classic inverted scallop circle die


I hope your whole weekend is a blooming good one!
Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you did :)

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Well that's a sunshiny good bookmark! How FUN! Really sweet gift and pretty card!

Esther Asbury said...

This is so adorable!! Love the stitched piece and that sweet little girl you paired with it!

aussie aNNie said...

It sure looks awesome, love the cross stitching and colours and that girl is adorable... gorgeous colours. xxx

Inkyfingers said...

Such a great idea to mix the cross stitch and stamped images too, and I love your idea of having the tag be removable to use a bookmark! So thoughtful and I adore that cute image which you have coloured so well.
Hugs
Carol x

Daniela said...

What a sweetness!!!
This card will sure touch the heart of the person who will receive it, I haven't any doubt!
Have a blessed Sunday
Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Debbie said...

your friend is going to love this...the card is adorable!! have a wonderful mothers day, i hope you get to see your daughter!!

Diane said...

Great fun card design Connie, love the cross-stitch idea.

Hugs Diane

Kim said...

Oh, this is such a sweet card. An adorable little girl. Fabulous the cross stitch can be used as a bookmark, too.

Birgit said...

This is adorable Connie! What a clever idea to make the bookmark removable. So sweet!

April said...

Oh what a sweet card! It is great that she can use the bookmark. Love it!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely, and a great idea! I can't remember when I last did some cross-stitch!

Lowcarb team member said...

The card is adorable :)

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

Adorable. Happy Monday

Janice said...

A fabulous idea to include a cross stitched gift in your card, love the sun!